Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ndd matters
Operating Systems Solaris ndd matters Post 302304566 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 6th of April 2009 08:00:28 PM
Old 04-06-2009
1. If you hard set the switch to 1000 then you would have to do the same to the network interface, .i.e. both ends have to autoneg or neither end should.

2. Setting the switch or the port to only advertise 1000, FD, while still using autoneg should be okay.

Sounds like the switch or network cable are not 1000 capable?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the programming language matters?

I see you guys encouraged people studied and used C while they were working on UNIX. Does C++ or JAVA matter? And in the past threads, Neo, PxT, and other members recommanded lots good books. I think those people who asked for the references, such as Dominic, had experiences on sys admin or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

ndd and le1

I am trying to set an interface to 100/Full, but the command I use are getting rejected. I think it is the last argument, but I don't know how to find the correct values. I am trying to use the following script, but change hme to le . echo "Setting hme interface 1: 100mb/full-duplex..." ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

porting a unix programme to linux??what matters

My question is: difference between unix and linux in terms of compiler, file system, ANSI compliance, standard liabrary issues, threading issues, operating system calls memory issues..ie whether these things wud cause problems while porting a unix programme to linux.? I think answer is depend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasoon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

ndd help

Hi Guys, I need help with ndd. I was going through network FAQ but i have more questions then answers regarding ndd. #ndd -set /dev/hme instance 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100fdx_cap 1 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_100hdx_cap 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10fdx_cap 0 #ndd -set /dev/hme adv_10hdx_cap 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkgoud
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Questions related to ndd commands

Hello Gurus I would like to know more about ndd commands related to ethernet(NIC) like how to set link_status, link_speed & link_mode as I know how to check these value. And I also would like to know how to make these setting permanents after reboot as I know that these setting will vanish... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
5 Replies

6. Programming

ndd commands using function calls

Hi, Is there any function calls available ( for using in a C program ) to get the Ethernet Link status. ? I am looking for the status available from ndd /dev/hme link_status And how about plumbing and configuring an interface using C program ? BTW, Is all this documented... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

ndd /dev/tcp help

Solaris 10 server (SunOS 5.10 Generic_137137_09) I have a services file configured in /etc in there windows clients connect to my server on port 6034-6037 when I do the following netstat | grep TestServices it pulls all the connections active for those ports so right now I have 10 clients... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question on NIC and ndd command

I have a T2000 server which has 4 e1000g NIC cards How do I configure each of it for 1Gbit full duplex and turnoff autonegotiation. Please assist Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 9 ndd -set issues

Hello forum, I have a Solaris 9 Sun Fire v240 server and Sun Fire v440 Recently we made changes and installed a new switch which both of them are connected to it. Cisco Catalyst 3750. Now the Sun Server v240 is having problems with the network. It was supposed to run at 1000mbs speed. ndd... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
10 Replies
XvGetPortAttribute(3)						  libXv Functions					     XvGetPortAttribute(3)

NAME
XvGetPortAttribute - return current port attribute value SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/Xvlib.h> int XvGetPortAttribute(Display *dpy, XvPortID port, Atom attribute, int p_value); ARGUMENTS
dpy Specifies the connection to the X server. port Specifies the port, associated with the given display, for which the attribute values are to be returned. attribute An atom that identifies the attribute to be queried by this request. Control atoms are obtained using the XInternAtom request with a string from the following table. p_value Pointer to the location where the attribute value is written on return. DESCRIPTION
XvGetPortAttribute(3) returns the current value of the requested port attribute in the integer pointed to by p_value. The attribute is identified using an Atom that equates to the attribute name. The XInternAtom request can be used with one of the strings below to return a matching Atom. ----------------------------------------------------- Attribute String Type Default ----------------------------------------------------- "XV_ENCODING" XvEncodingID Server dependent "XV_HUE" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_SATURATION" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_BRIGHTNESS" [-1000...1000] 0 "XV_CONTRAST" [-1000...1000] 0 RETURN VALUES
[Success] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) completed successfully. [XvBadExtension] Returned if the Xv extension is unavailable. [XvBadAlloc] Returned if XvGetPortAttribute(3) failed to allocate memory to process the request. DIAGNOSTICS
[XvBadPort] Generated if the requested port does not exist. [BadMatch] Generated if the requested attribute atom does not specify an attribute supported by the adaptor. SEE ALSO
XvSetPortAttribute(3), XvPortNotify(3) X Version 11 libXv 1.0.7 XvGetPortAttribute(3)