Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge lines in Flat file based on first 5 characters Post 302304427 by Brado on Monday 6th of April 2009 11:18:38 AM
Old 04-06-2009
Thank You for the code.

Is there any way that i could do this in perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge multiple lines from flat file

Hi, I have a tab delimited flat file like this: 189 Guide de lutilisateur sur lappel conférence à trois au moyen d'adaptateurs téléphoniques <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV class=subheader>La fonction Appel conférence à trois </DIV></TD> \ <TD><?php print $navTree;?> vous permet de tenir un appel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge lines into single line based on symbol \t

The symbols are \t and \t\t (note: not tab) If the line starts with \t merge them into a single line upto symbol \t\t \t\t to end and start new line I able to join in a single line but not ending at \t\t and I completely confused help would be appreciated:b::D Input \ta tab XXXXXXXXXX \te... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in text file based on pattern

Hello, I have searched forum trying to find a solution to my problem, but could not find anything or I did not understand the examples.... I should say, I am very inexperienced with text processing. I have a text file with approx 60k lines in it. I need to merge lines based on the number... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertik
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - merge lines bw 2 specific characters

Hi, I have a bash script and I am looking for a command that will merge specific lines together. Sample Data: registration time = 1300890272 Id = 1 setd = 0 tagunt = 26 tagId=6, length=8, value= tagId=9, length=5, value= tagId=7, length=2, value= tagId=16, length=2, value= tagId=32,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge file lines based off of keyword

Hello Everyone, I have two files I created in a format similar to the ones found below (character position is important): File 1: 21 Cat Y N S Y Y N N FOUR LEGS TAIL WHISKERS 30 Dog N N 1 Y Y N N FOUR LEGS TAIL 33 Fish Y N 1 Y Y N N FINS 43 CAR Y N S Y Y N N WHEELS DOORS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge lines based off of text?

Hello Everyone, I have two files, similar to the following: File 1: 8010 ITEM01 CODE1 FLAG1 filler filler 7020 OBJECT CODE2 FLAG2 filler 6010 THING1 CODE4 FLAG4 6011 ITEM20 CODE7 FLAG7 File 2 contains: 6020 ITEM01 CODEA FLAGA filler filler filler 7000 OBJECT CODEB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to merge lines based on pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to merge multiple lines based on search pattern. The search criteria is : it will search for CONSTRAINT and when it found CONSTRAINT, it will merge all lines to 1 line till it founds blank line. For Example: CREATE TABLE "AMS_DISTRIBUTOR_XREF" ( "SOURCE"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge mutiple lines into one based on if the first word is some particular value

Hi, trying to knock something together to create one line entries based on whether the first word on each line matches a particular value. eg. Link,"Name=""Something\something"","Timeout=""1800""", "Target=""\\thing\thing\thing""","State=""ONLINE""",something,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamdb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines based on match

I am trying to merge two lines to one based on some matching condition. The file is as follows: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow request=<GET: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow request=<GET: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines with varying characters

Hi, I have a large set of data (firewall logs) that I'm trying to summarize. I've been able to write a script to consolidate the ports, now am looking to conslidate even further, based on IP. Source Destination Type Port 192.168.5.108 192.168.11.12 TCP 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 15 192.168.5.109... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
6 Replies
lib::core::only(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					lib::core::only(3)

NAME
lib::core::only - Remove all non-core paths from @INC to avoid site/vendor dirs SYNOPSIS
use lib::core::only; # now @INC contains only the two core directories To get only the core directories plus the ones for the local::lib in scope: $ perl -Mlib::core::only -Mlocal::lib=~/perl5 myscript.pl To attempt to do a self-contained build (but note this will not reliably propagate into subprocesses, see the CAVEATS below): $ PERL5OPT='-Mlib::core::only -Mlocal::lib=~/perl5' cpan DESCRIPTION
lib::core::only is simply a shortcut to say "please reduce my @INC to only the core lib and archlib (architecture-specific lib) directories of this perl". You might want to do this to ensure a local::lib contains only the code you need, or to test an App::FatPacker tree, or to avoid known bad vendor packages. You might want to use this to try and install a self-contained tree of perl modules. Be warned that that probably won't work (see "CAVEATS"). This module was extracted from local::lib's --self-contained feature, and contains the only part that ever worked. I apologise to anybody who thought anything else did. CAVEATS
This does not propagate properly across perl invocations like local::lib's stuff does. It can't. It's only a module import, so it only affects the specific perl VM instance in which you load and import() it. If you want to cascade it across invocations, you can set the PERL5OPT environment variable to '-Mlib::core::only' and it'll sort of work. But be aware that taint mode ignores this, so some modules' build and test code probably will as well. You also need to be aware that perl's command line options are not processed in order - -I options take effect before -M options, so perl -Mlib::core::only -Ilib is unlike to do what you want - it's exactly equivalent to: perl -Mlib::core::only If you want to combine a core-only @INC with additional paths, you need to add the additional paths using -M options and the lib module: perl -Mlib::core::only -Mlib=lib # or if you're trying to test compiled code: perl -Mlib::core::only -Mblib For more information on the impossibility of sanely propagating this across module builds without help from the build program, see <http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/tainted-love> - and for ways to achieve the old --self-contained feature's results, look at App::FatPacker's tree function, and at App::cpanminus's --local-lib-contained feature. AUTHOR
Matt S. Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> LICENSE
This library is free software under the same terms as perl itself. COPYRIGHT
(c) 2010 the lib::core::only "AUTHOR" as specified above. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-12 lib::core::only(3)