Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge lines in Flat file based on first 5 characters Post 302304417 by radoulov on Monday 6th of April 2009 10:54:33 AM
Old 04-06-2009
If awk is acceptable (use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris):

Code:
awk 'END {
  print fmt(k, _[k])
  }
NR > 1 && substr($0, 1, 5) != k {
  print fmt(k, _[k])
  }
{
  k = substr($0, 1, 5)
  v = substr($0, 6)
  _[k] = _[k] ? _[k] v : v
  }
func fmt(k, v) { 
  return k  sprintf("%-20s%-20s",\
  substr(v, 1, 10), substr(v, 11))
  }' infile

Last edited by radoulov; 04-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: sorry for the multiple edits :)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge multiple lines from flat file

Hi, I have a tab delimited flat file like this: 189 Guide de lutilisateur sur lappel conférence à trois au moyen d'adaptateurs téléphoniques <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV class=subheader>La fonction Appel conférence à trois </DIV></TD> \ <TD><?php print $navTree;?> vous permet de tenir un appel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge lines into single line based on symbol \t

The symbols are \t and \t\t (note: not tab) If the line starts with \t merge them into a single line upto symbol \t\t \t\t to end and start new line I able to join in a single line but not ending at \t\t and I completely confused help would be appreciated:b::D Input \ta tab XXXXXXXXXX \te... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in text file based on pattern

Hello, I have searched forum trying to find a solution to my problem, but could not find anything or I did not understand the examples.... I should say, I am very inexperienced with text processing. I have a text file with approx 60k lines in it. I need to merge lines based on the number... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertik
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - merge lines bw 2 specific characters

Hi, I have a bash script and I am looking for a command that will merge specific lines together. Sample Data: registration time = 1300890272 Id = 1 setd = 0 tagunt = 26 tagId=6, length=8, value= tagId=9, length=5, value= tagId=7, length=2, value= tagId=16, length=2, value= tagId=32,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge file lines based off of keyword

Hello Everyone, I have two files I created in a format similar to the ones found below (character position is important): File 1: 21 Cat Y N S Y Y N N FOUR LEGS TAIL WHISKERS 30 Dog N N 1 Y Y N N FOUR LEGS TAIL 33 Fish Y N 1 Y Y N N FINS 43 CAR Y N S Y Y N N WHEELS DOORS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge lines based off of text?

Hello Everyone, I have two files, similar to the following: File 1: 8010 ITEM01 CODE1 FLAG1 filler filler 7020 OBJECT CODE2 FLAG2 filler 6010 THING1 CODE4 FLAG4 6011 ITEM20 CODE7 FLAG7 File 2 contains: 6020 ITEM01 CODEA FLAGA filler filler filler 7000 OBJECT CODEB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to merge lines based on pattern

Hi, I have a requirement to merge multiple lines based on search pattern. The search criteria is : it will search for CONSTRAINT and when it found CONSTRAINT, it will merge all lines to 1 line till it founds blank line. For Example: CREATE TABLE "AMS_DISTRIBUTOR_XREF" ( "SOURCE"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge mutiple lines into one based on if the first word is some particular value

Hi, trying to knock something together to create one line entries based on whether the first word on each line matches a particular value. eg. Link,"Name=""Something\something"","Timeout=""1800""", "Target=""\\thing\thing\thing""","State=""ONLINE""",something,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamdb
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines based on match

I am trying to merge two lines to one based on some matching condition. The file is as follows: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow request=<GET: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow request=<GET: Matches filter: 'request ', timestamp, <HTTPFlow ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines with varying characters

Hi, I have a large set of data (firewall logs) that I'm trying to summarize. I've been able to write a script to consolidate the ports, now am looking to conslidate even further, based on IP. Source Destination Type Port 192.168.5.108 192.168.11.12 TCP 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 15 192.168.5.109... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
6 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)