Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with shell script "wget" Post 302304332 by jhampt on Monday 6th of April 2009 06:55:51 AM
Old 04-06-2009
The content is on our intranet and I am unable to disclose the specifics. It is bascially a website were analyst post their findings. I need to pull these posting every 30 days into a directory and tar them. Here is what i have come up with so far:

#! /bin/sh
#script.sh
[ -z $1 ] && " Defaulting to $ (date +%F)" && DATES=$ (date +%F) || DATE="1"
touch -d "1" /tmp/OLD
touch -r /tmp/OLD -F 2592000 /tmp/NEW
# /tmp/NEW 30 days newer than /tmp/OLD
find . -name * -newer /tmp/OLD ! -newer /tmp/NEW ! -size 0
rm -f /tmp /OLD /tmp/NEW/NEW

I have to figure out how to incorporate either a get or wget to pull the updates.
I hope this makes it a little clearer. Thanks for the initial response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is wget copying my directory tree with some files with "@"?

I'm using wget 1.11.4 on Cygwin 1.5.25. I'm trying to recursively download a directory tree, which is the root of a javadoc tree. This is approximately the command line I tried: wget -x -p -r http://<host>/.../apidoc When it finished, it seemed like it downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)