Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Few Questions on about Linux Servers. Post 302304200 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 5th of April 2009 05:24:53 PM
Old 04-05-2009
this looks like homework... thread closed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a place like this for LINUX questions?

Is there some place like this unix.com for linux questions? a forum like area to ask questions? I love this site, i've learned a lot (use unix - solaris, and linux - redhat). Unfortunately redhat.com has gotten rid of their support forums, everything is in a list type format and I don't want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
6 Replies

3. Linux

Linux questions

Hi everyone, I came from a diffrent UNIX background and am trying to learn Linux (Red Hat) in a hurry. I would be very grateful if you could help me with the following questions. I know the answers for questions 1, 3, and 4 in a Sun Solaris environment, but not in Linux... Thanks in advance for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enigma777
3 Replies

4. Linux

some questions about linux system.

Hi,i am a newbie in linux,l have some questions when i study unix system.Could you help me?thx. Q1:an linux file system is broken,it can not be mounted after system boot up .how to recover it? Q2:When the UNIX system shore memory is not enough,how to change the system paramenters? Q3:How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saneryee
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Questions about Unix/Linux

Hello all. Im a young lad with very limited experience with computers, even though I have been playing with them the past 5 years. I have the experience of the random World of Warcraft player that plays games all day. I have a huge interest in learning everything about computers and I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vallzi
5 Replies

6. Gentoo

What do you use on your linux servers?

What do you use on your linux servers? What distributions? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DCrystal
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

Lots of questions about linux.

I am about 2 months new to Linux, and have only limited experience with PCLinuxOS, (kde) and Redhat. I am installing the latest version of PClinuxOS on my wife's PC right now but running into a problem I dont understand. I have never seen it before so i thought i'd ask how I can get around it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Methal
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few questions on unix/linux

Hi , please give few answers for this questions:confused::confused: ...thanks in advance What shell do you use when you log in to a UNIX/Linux host? What command will show you the shell you're using? Describe 5 things you can do in Linux/UNIX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hecker007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Linux questions

Sorry for the dumb question......I got my B.S. in computer science Amazing how I don't these answers).....I wrote mostly in the language C in my college career. I wrote all my programs using a windows application for writing C.....and then after testing it, I would upload it to a UNIX system and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bruuuuce78
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

General questions related to patching and servers

Hi, Can you answer the following ? How to identify server is physical or virtual server ? Why often patching is done in servers ?What is the purpose of doing OS patching in servers. ? Regards, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
pthread_detach(3C)														pthread_detach(3C)

NAME
pthread_detach - detach a thread SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when that thread terminates. In other words, pthread_detach() dynamically resets the detachstate attribute of the thread to PTHREAD_CRE- ATE_DETACHED. After a successful call to this function, it would not be necessary to reclaim the thread using pthread_join(). See pthread_join(3C). If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. If successful, pthread_detach() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_detach() function will fail if: EINVAL The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. ESRCH No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_create(3C), pthread_join(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_detach(3C)