Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Firewall / Network isolation inquiry Post 302304120 by Yogesh Sawant on Sunday 5th of April 2009 06:14:06 AM
Old 04-05-2009
this sounds like a networking problem rather than something to do with OX, so i'm moving it to the appropriate forum. reply if otherwise.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uniX iNQUIry from a newbie

hi, i would like to study unix but i don't have the software for me to test the scripts that i read from the book and from the internet. I would like to ask anyones help to please tell me link wer i can download for free the unix system. I would be glad to receive your replies. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
2 Replies

2. Programming

Performance inquiry...guestimate better approach

So, I've been told and heard a million times that malloc and free are expensive calls to be avoided. So many times I avoid malloc by reusing already allocated memory blocks. Store them on free lists somewhere myself and don't call free when I know malloc will be called very shortly thereafter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Offline Agents Inquiry.

Hello, I currently use Solaris, and typically I use the svcs -a | grep PROCESS to see if it's online or Offline. My questions is SVCS is in solaris but if I want to find out if a daemon or process is offline what other methods can I use? ps -ef | grep PROCESS "what do I look for" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

command to check value of autocommit and isolation level

Hi, Pls let me know command to get following: 1. how to check current value of autocommit 2. how to check current value of isolation level I am using mysql-5.0.26 on unix -Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to change isolation level to READ COMMITTED

Hi, I am using perl DBI and mysql-5.0.26 on unix. Could you please let me know or point to source on how to set isolation level to READ COMMITTED . ~Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam04
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX inquiry for 'awk'

Hello Everyone, May I ask for your help regarding one of the UNIX command “awk”. So I executed a script and the output looks like this (see below): output.txt CONTRACTNAME ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven_huskie
3 Replies
NETWORKS(5)						    Linux System Administration 					       NETWORKS(5)

NAME
networks - network name information DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/networks is a plain ASCII file that describes known DARPA networks and symbolic names for these networks. Each line repre- sents a network and has the following structure: name number aliases ... where the fields are delimited by spaces or tabs. Empty lines are ignored. The hash character (#) indicates the start of a comment: this character, and the remaining characters up to the end of the current line, are ignored by library functions that process the file. The field descriptions are: name The symbolic name for the network. Network names can contain any printable characters execept white-space characters or the comment character. number The official number for this network in numbers-and-dots notation (see inet(3)). The trailing ".0" (for the host component of the network address) may be omitted. aliases Optional aliases for the network. This file is read by the route(8) and netstat(8) utilities. Only Class A, B or C networks are supported, partitioned networks (i.e., net- work/26 or network/28) are not supported by this facility. FILES
/etc/networks The networks definition file. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3), getnetbyname(3), getnetent(3), netstat(8), route(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
/Linux 2008-09-04 NETWORKS(5)