Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Can we delete file using PSCP? Post 302303872 by eskiphill4 on Friday 3rd of April 2009 05:24:16 PM
Old 04-03-2009
The renaming of the files should be done by the batch file before / after the call to the psftp program. It does the transfer, it doesn't have to do everything else, that is why you have a batch file. The script.bat file is instructions for psftp. The place for the other instructions should be in the .bat file that calls psftp. To make things clearer, rename script.bat to script.spftp. This is not a .bat file so should not be labeled as a .bat file!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pscp.exe trasforms a.sh to 'a.sh '

When I upload from win XP client through ssh with pscp.exe file a.sh, I get on server file with a blank in the name: 'a ' >ls -alF *sh* |cat -vet - -rw-r--r-- 1 az214926 6803 3835 Dec 17 18:43 a.sh $ -rwxr-xr-x 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete block of text in one file based on list in another file

Hi all I currently use the following in shell. #!/bin/sh while read LINE do perl -i -ne "$/ = ''; print if !m'Using archive: ${LINE}'ms;" "datafile" done < "listfile" NOTE the single quote delimiters in the expression. It's highly likely the 'LINE' may very well have characters in it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

PSFTP/PSCP: remotely deleting directory recursively

Hello, I'm looking for a way to use PSFTP or PSCP, executed from a batch file in Windows, to delete an entire folder and its contents. I can run a script using PSFTP which can use rm or rmdir, but the -rf command doesn't work. Any suggestions on another client to use in the same context, or a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocdcollector
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to delete core file (file created due to apps crashed)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When looking for corefiles, include any file with core in its name. (Some UNIX/Linux systems add the PID of the process that created the core to reduce the chances of overwriting an already existing core file that might be needed. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a pattern present in file 2 from file 1 if found in file 1.

I have two files File1 ==== 1|2000-00-00|2010-02-02|| 2| 00:00:00|2012-02-24|| 3|2000-00-00|2011-02-02|| File2 ==== 2000-00-00 00:00:00 I want the delete the patterns which are found in file 2 from file 1, Expected output: File1 ==== (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To delete the oldest files in a file when file count in the folder exceeds 7

Hi All, I need to delete the oldest file in folder when the file count in the folder exceed 6 ( i have a process that puts the source files into this folder ) E.x : Folder : /data/opt/backup 01/01/2012 a.txt 01/02/2012 b.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files whose file names are listed in a .txt file

hi, I need a help. I used this command to list all the log files which are for more than 10 days to a text file. find /usr/script_test -type f -mtime +10>>/usr/ftprm.txt I want all these files listed in the ftprm.txt to be ftp in another machine and then rm the files. Anyone can help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
8 Replies
PERLCE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCE(1)

NAME
perlce - Perl for WinCE Building Perl for WinCE DESCRIPTION This file gives the instructions for building Perl5.8 and above for WinCE. Please read and understand the terms under which this software is distributed. General explanations on cross-compiling WinCE o miniperl is built. This is a single executable (without DLL), intended to run on Win32, and it will facilitate remaining build process; all binaries built after it are foreign and should not run locally. miniperl is built using ./win32/Makefile; this is part of normal build process invoked as dependency from wince/Makefile.ce o After miniperl is built, configpm is invoked to create right Config.pm in right place and its corresponding Cross.pm. Unlike Win32 build, miniperl will not have Config.pm of host within reach; it rather will use Config.pm from within cross-compilation directories. File Cross.pm is dead simple: for given cross-architecture places in @INC a path where perl modules are, and right Config.pm in that place. That said, "miniperl -Ilib -MConfig -we 1" should report an error, because it can not find Config.pm. If it does not give an error -- wrong Config.pm is substituted, and resulting binaries will be a mess. "miniperl -MCross -MConfig -we 1" should run okay, and it will provide right Config.pm for further compilations. o During extensions build phase, a script ./win32/buldext.pl is invoked, which in turn steps in ./ext subdirectories and performs a build of each extension in turn. All invokes of Makefile.PL are provided with "-MCross" so to enable cross- compile. BUILD This section describes the steps to be performed to build PerlCE. You may find additional information about building perl for WinCE at <http://perlce.sourceforge.net> and some pre-built binaries. Tools & SDK For compiling, you need following: o Microsoft Embedded Visual Tools o Microsoft Visual C++ o Rainer Keuchel's celib-sources o Rainer Keuchel's console-sources Needed source files can be downloaded at <http://perlce.sourceforge.net> Make Normally you only need to edit ./win32/ce-helpers/compile.bat to reflect your system and run it. File ./win32/ce-helpers/compile.bat is actually a wrapper to call "nmake -f makefile.ce" with appropriate parameters and it accepts extra parameters and forwards them to "nmake" command as additional arguments. You should pass target this way. To prepare distribution you need to do following: o go to ./win32 subdirectory o edit file ./win32/ce-helpers/compile.bat o run compile.bat o run compile.bat dist Makefile.ce has "CROSS_NAME" macro, and it is used further to refer to your cross-compilation scheme. You could assign a name to it, but this is not necessary, because by default it is assigned after your machine configuration name, such as "wince-sh3-hpc-wce211", and this is enough to distinguish different builds at the same time. This option could be handy for several different builds on same platform to perform, say, threaded build. In a following example we assume that all required environment variables are set properly for C cross- compiler (a special *.bat file could fit perfectly to this purpose) and your compile.bat has proper "MACHINE" parameter set, to, say, "wince-mips-pocket-wce300". compile.bat compile.bat dist compile.bat CROSS_NAME=mips-wce300-thr "USE_ITHREADS=define" "USE_IMP_SYS=define" "USE_MULTI=define" compile.bat CROSS_NAME=mips-wce300-thr "USE_ITHREADS=define" "USE_IMP_SYS=define" "USE_MULTI=define" dist If all goes okay and no errors during a build, you'll get two independent distributions: "wince-mips-pocket-wce300" and "mips-wce300-thr". Target "dist" prepares distribution file set. Target "zipdist" performs same as "dist" but additionally compresses distribution files into zip archive. NOTE: during a build there could be created a number (or one) of Config.pm for cross-compilation ("foreign" Config.pm) and those are hidden inside ../xlib/$(CROSS_NAME) with other auxiliary files, but, and this is important to note, there should be no Config.pm for host miniperl. If you'll get an error that perl could not find Config.pm somewhere in building process this means something went wrong. Most probably you forgot to specify a cross-compilation when invoking miniperl.exe to Makefile.PL When building an extension for cross- compilation your command line should look like ..miniperl.exe -I..lib -MCross=mips-wce300-thr Makefile.PL or just ..miniperl.exe -I..lib -MCross Makefile.PL to refer a cross-compilation that was created last time. All questions related to building for WinCE devices could be asked in perlce-user@lists.sourceforge.net mailing list. Using Perl on WinCE DESCRIPTION PerlCE is currently linked with a simple console window, so it also works on non-hpc devices. The simple stdio implementation creates the files stdin.txt, stdout.txt and stderr.txt, so you might examine them if your console has only a limited number of cols. When exitcode is non-zero, a message box appears, otherwise the console closes, so you might have to catch an exit with status 0 in your program to see any output. stdout/stderr now go into the files /perl-stdout.txt and /perl-stderr.txt. PerlIDE is handy to deal with perlce. LIMITATIONS No fork(), pipe(), popen() etc. ENVIRONMENT All environment vars must be stored in HKLMEnvironment as strings. They are read at process startup. PERL5LIB Usual perl lib path (semi-list). PATH Semi-list for executables. TMP - Tempdir. UNIXROOTPATH - Root for accessing some special files, i.e. /dev/null, /etc/services. ROWS/COLS - Rows/cols for console. HOME - Home directory. CONSOLEFONTSIZE - Size for console font. You can set these with cereg.exe, a (remote) registry editor or via the PerlIDE. REGISTRY To start perl by clicking on a perl source file, you have to make the according entries in HKCR (see ce-helpers/wince-reg.bat). cereg.exe (which must be executed on a desktop pc with ActiveSync) is reported not to work on some devices. You have to create the registry entries by hand using a registry editor. XS The following Win32-Methods are built-in: newXS("Win32::GetCwd", w32_GetCwd, file); newXS("Win32::SetCwd", w32_SetCwd, file); newXS("Win32::GetTickCount", w32_GetTickCount, file); newXS("Win32::GetOSVersion", w32_GetOSVersion, file); newXS("Win32::IsWinNT", w32_IsWinNT, file); newXS("Win32::IsWin95", w32_IsWin95, file); newXS("Win32::IsWinCE", w32_IsWinCE, file); newXS("Win32::CopyFile", w32_CopyFile, file); newXS("Win32::Sleep", w32_Sleep, file); newXS("Win32::MessageBox", w32_MessageBox, file); newXS("Win32::GetPowerStatus", w32_GetPowerStatus, file); newXS("Win32::GetOemInfo", w32_GetOemInfo, file); newXS("Win32::ShellEx", w32_ShellEx, file); BUGS Opening files for read-write is currently not supported if they use stdio (normal perl file handles). If you find bugs or if it does not work at all on your device, send mail to the address below. Please report the details of your device (processor, ceversion, devicetype (hpc/palm/pocket)) and the date of the downloaded files. INSTALLATION Currently installation instructions are at <http://perlce.sourceforge.net/>. After installation & testing processes will stabilize, information will be more precise. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The port for Win32 was used as a reference. History of WinCE port 5.6.0 Initial port of perl to WinCE. It was performed in separate directory named wince. This port was based on contents of ./win32 directory. miniperl was not built, user must have HOST perl and properly edit makefile.ce to reflect this. 5.8.0 wince port was kept in the same ./wince directory, and wince/Makefile.ce was used to invoke native compiler to create HOST miniperl, which then facilitates cross-compiling process. Extension building support was added. 5.9.4 Two directories ./win32 and ./wince were merged, so perlce build process comes in ./win32 directory. AUTHORS
Rainer Keuchel <coyxc@rainer-keuchel.de> provided initial port of Perl, which appears to be most essential work, as it was a breakthrough on having Perl ported at all. Many thanks and obligations to Rainer! Vadim Konovalov made further support of WinCE port. perl v5.16.3 2013-03-04 PERLCE(1)