Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting removing occurances starting with [ Post 302303856 by pitagi on Friday 3rd of April 2009 04:53:08 PM
Old 04-03-2009
Thanks a lot for your help and I used the cut command and it works

Now I need to get the buses expanded.

What I have:

gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4:0] = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4:0];

What I need :

gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_0 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[0];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_1 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[1];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_2 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[2];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_3 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[3];
gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7_4 = gtgti1/gtgticcrunit1/gtgti_ccrunit_10n/port_arbiter1/port7[4];

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting Occurances in Two Files

I have two files I want to compare, one is a list of variables and the other is a text file COBOL program. Basically what I want to do is display only those variables that appear in the COBOL program only once. However I would also accept a count of each variable as it appears in the COBOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Gergel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count occurances in a file

Hi, I have a fixed width file in the following format Sr.No A.No Name 1 2 PPP 3 4 PPP 5 6 TTT 7 8 OOO 9 10 OOO 11 12 OOO The 3rd column starts at position 10 and ends at 15. I want to count the number of occurances of each Name and output to a file Example in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

occurances

Hi, Anyone know how to do the following? :eek: I Have a file as follows: happygoluckypeoplearenotalwayshappy happyisawordthatisnotusedalot If the word "happy" is present MORE than once in EACH line, I want to delete the line, hence in the above case, the first line will be deleted. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count occurances of X Y Z in a file in 1 go.

Hi. I need to count multiple occurrences of X Y Z in a file in 1 go. At the moment I have the following scripts: ssh readonly@$ServerIP 'YEAR=xx;DAY=xx;MONTH=xx;LMONTH=xx;for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 \ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23; do cat... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: msullivan
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing all occurances

How would i replace all occurreneces of Tim(ignoring the case) with Timithoy in the file "file1" and then save it to "newfile" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing all occurances

how wouldi change all occurances of that to they regardless of the number of times it appears on a line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing a word in a multiple file starting at the dot extension

hi I would like to ask if someone knows a command or a script on how to rename a multiple file in the directory starting at the end of the filename or at the .extension( i would like to remove the last 11 character before the extension) for example Below is the result of my command ls inside... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

occurances

Hi, I have 2 files File 1 ABC XYZ MNO WER FDS CFG File 2 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 ABC_123456_234567 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the occurances of numbers

I have a file as shown below. I need to count the unique occurrences of numbers in the first and second column only if the third column is <= 10. Otherwise print the corresponding numbers as zero. Thanks in advance!:) 58 80 40.74 76 80 9.78 76 80 8 12 6 9 30 28 8.23 45 12 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreaalex
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5) 					File Formats Manual					   fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)

NAME
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun - select whether or not management luns are discovered in the legacy representation of mass storage devices VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Enable discovery of management luns for array devices. Disable discovery of management luns for array devices. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Management luns provide the means to access the control ports of Fibre Channel disk arrays. They are represented in both the legacy and the agile view of storage devices. The legacy representation of a management lun is typically created under a separate virtual extension bus node. The entry for a legacy management lun looks like this: On a system with a large number of storage devices connected, creation of management luns can result in an insufficient number of virtual extension buses for the legacy representation of data luns. Since the number of extension buses on a system is limited to 256, luns requiring virtual extension buses above 256 will be unusable through legacy device special files. Disabling the discovery and creation of management luns will free up virtual extension buses for use by data luns. The default value for this tunable is Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who expect to use a large number of storage devices requiring more than 256 extension buses through legacy device special files. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. However, existing management luns will not be removed. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on when the system runs out of extension buses for configuring the legacy representation of data luns. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? None. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? When the functionality provided by the management lun is desired. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Existing management luns in the legacy representation will show up in the state. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)