Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 spac root 76% full Post 302303770 by seg on Friday 3rd of April 2009 11:54:44 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xburn
Yes I mean move everything off of the root /bin /usr etc.... to my new 146gig partition
You should not do that.

The safest way to solve this is to rebuild the server using a better partitioning layout (re: set / to use the whole disk not counting swap).

Or choose to be OK with having 76% free Smilie It's not that bad as long as you put your data on other partitions.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

3. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

5. Solaris

root directory is full

root directory in server / is full 100% , i already tried to delete any core file , log , .. still files under /proc directory take more than 4 G.. what you advice please i don't want to format the server and install again and re partition , i tried the FORMAT tools ! but it seems i cant do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

7. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

ROOT fs is full but no files consumed more space

one our linux machine root fs usage shows 90% but inode use % i sarched more then 10 MB files and found few with less mb,s any once help to solve this $ df -h / Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 3.9G 3.3G 409M 90% / $ df -i /... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)