Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL Issue please respond !!!
Top Forums Programming SQL Issue please respond !!! Post 302303765 by sanchay on Friday 3rd of April 2009 11:48:30 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Sanchay

In sql you can use the inbuilt function REPLACE(orig_string, string_to_be_replaced, new_String)

For e.g.
SELECT ('abcd efg hij',' ',null) from dual;
OR
SELECT ('abcd efg hij',' ') from dual;

will yield

abcdefghij

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL scripts not running, possible timeout issue?

I am a novice Unix scripter and need a little advice/help on a script I've written that's causing some problems. We are using Solaris 9 on a Sun box and the script is invoked with the korn shell. I have a two-part question: I wrote a shell script that calls and executes 3 separate sql scripts,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: E2004
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script SQL timeout issue

Hi all, I have a KSH script which is kicking off an sql scripts as follows: /usr/local/installs/instantclient_10_2/sqlplus -s username/password @$sql_path/sql_query.sql > $tmp_path/sql_query_results The problem I have is that sometimes the 10g Oracle Database spits out an error saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

3. Programming

SQL IF-THEN-ELSE issue

Hi All, I have a table with the following columns: sysName, date, time, cpuNum, cpuPercentageBsy There are multiple system names and multiple CPU numbers. I need to produce a report that shows the cpuPercentageBsy for cpuNum's 0 and 1 and then an average of cpuPercentageBsy for all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pondlife
1 Replies

4. Programming

SQL Developer JOINS / GROUP BY issue.

Am having a nightmare with a certain piece of code.. have tried almost everything and just cannot see what the issue is.. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW TOP_EARNER_PER_LOCATION AS SELECT E.FIRST_NAME || ' ' || E.LAST_NAME AS EMPLOYEE_NAME, L.REGIONAL_GROUP AS REGIONAL_GROUP, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in SQL Loader scripts

Hi, I'm planning to load the data from FLAT files into tables. Source file: more input.txt LRNO|Bale|Horsepower|NumberOfBarges|BollardPull|NumberOfCars|GasCapacity|GrainCapacity|IndicatedHorsepower|LiquidCapacity|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql issue in shell scripting

HI friends , i am also facing an issue in mysql i ma trying to insert detail in a variable but not got success #!/bin/sh mysql -u<username> -p<password> <dbname> << EOF DEV=`mysql --skip-column-names <dbname> -e "SELECT timestamp from process_record where id = 1"` EOF echo $DEV ERROR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay833i
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SQL UNIX shell script -

Hi all I am writing a shell script which will run a select query from a table . If the ouput is not 500 - then send a email to the team saying there is a error . But i am not sure how to redirect this output of the select query to the log file - #!/bin/ksh sqlplus /nolog conect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honey26
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with quotes when running SQL command from within su -c

RHEL 6.2/Bash shell root user will be executing the below script. It switches to oracle user logs in using sqlplus and tries to run the below UPDATE statement. All the commands after su -c are enclosed in a single quote delimited by semicolon. The execution has failed because the quotes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk concatenation issue - SQL generation

Greetings Experts, I have an excel file and I am unable to read it directly into awk (contains , " etc); So, I cleansed and copied the data into notepad. I need to generate a script that generates the SQL. Requirement: 1. Filter and select only the data that has the "mapping" as "direct"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
DBLINK_OPEN(3)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					    DBLINK_OPEN(3)

NAME
dblink_open - opens a cursor in a remote database SYNOPSIS
dblink_open(text cursorname, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text dblink_open(text connname, text cursorname, text sql [, bool fail_on_error]) returns text DESCRIPTION
dblink_open() opens a cursor in a remote database. The cursor can subsequently be manipulated with dblink_fetch() and dblink_close(). ARGUMENTS
conname Name of the connection to use; omit this parameter to use the unnamed connection. cursorname The name to assign to this cursor. sql The SELECT statement that you wish to execute in the remote database, for example select * from pg_class. fail_on_error If true (the default when omitted) then an error thrown on the remote side of the connection causes an error to also be thrown locally. If false, the remote error is locally reported as a NOTICE, and the function's return value is set to ERROR. RETURN VALUE
Returns status, either OK or ERROR. NOTES
Since a cursor can only persist within a transaction, dblink_open starts an explicit transaction block (BEGIN) on the remote side, if the remote side was not already within a transaction. This transaction will be closed again when the matching dblink_close is executed. Note that if you use dblink_exec to change data between dblink_open and dblink_close, and then an error occurs or you use dblink_disconnect before dblink_close, your change will be lost because the transaction will be aborted. EXAMPLES
SELECT dblink_connect('dbname=postgres'); dblink_connect ---------------- OK (1 row) SELECT dblink_open('foo', 'select proname, prosrc from pg_proc'); dblink_open ------------- OK (1 row) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DBLINK_OPEN(3)