Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Multiple linux distros in one box Post 302303606 by etcpasswd on Friday 3rd of April 2009 05:01:05 AM
Old 04-03-2009
Multiple linux distros in one box

Hi,

This will be my first time to install 5 distros in one box, the ff. are:

openSUSE 11, openSUSE11.1, Ubuntu 8.04, Ubuntu 8.10, Fedora 10

Now, I'm confused how would I partitioned my hard disk with a capacity of 80Gb where there is only one swap and no idea yet how to play with boot loader. And if someone can suggest a partitioning that would be great.
BTW, I'm installing for standard systems. Are there any related thread like this in this forum, please let me know.

Anybody could walk me through this matter, I highly appreciate it.

Thank You.

Last edited by etcpasswd; 04-03-2009 at 07:52 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Universal Repositories for All Linux Distros

Is it possible to use Other Distro's ( i.e Debian's or Ubuntu's ) repositories in Fedora? If not then what should be done to make common repositories for all linux distros. regards, Arun Maurya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maurya
2 Replies

2. Linux

is there a guide for linux distros?

i`m trying to fidnd a distro that is good for m but it is not that easy i discovered, so if anybody please can give som tips i would been very happy thank you for reading:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMLiveLinux
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Points to compare Linux distros

I 've a question regarding which points should be considered to compare 2 different linux distros say RedHat & Ubuntu. for a production environment non-db applications ... any help will be appreciated .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Fedora

On Installing Multiple Linux Distros on a Computer

Guys, I was planning to install Ubuntu, Fedora and Backtrack on the same computer (along with Windows 7). My Specifications are: 2.67 Core i5 4GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB HDD I have a system running Windows 7 with 3 partitions (240, 130, 130) GBs. And I was planning on freeing out 30GB of space and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hMeU
3 Replies

5. Linux

Linux script for multiple box login.

Hello! We currently use a SecureCRT .vbs script which automates logging into multiple boxes to run a few commands. However, I'd like to have something run in Linux vs. our emulator. Below is my objective :): Our current .vbs script will look at an IP list .txt file on our PC, then login to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: birdboyee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenSSL usage on Linux Distros

Hi, My server is Centos 6 i686. Is it possible get an openssl download from this site "https://www.openssl.org/source/" (which is used for 64 bit platforms) and use it on 32 bit platforms also? Thx, Aigini (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
5 Replies
byobu-select-session(1) 					       byobu						   byobu-select-session(1)

NAME
byobu-select-session - select and connect to a byobu session DESCRIPTION
byobu-select-session is an application that lists the available screen sessions running on the system, and prompts the user to select one. The user also has the option to create a new Byobu session, or launch the default shell without Byobu. If an invalid selection is chosen 3 times in a row, the user is connected to the youngest session. By default, if only one session exists, the user is connected to that session, and if no sessions exist, a new session is created -- such that there is no interactive prompt in the normal behavior. However, some users may choose to always be prompted, by touching the file $BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select. Note that BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR=$HOME/.byobu. Named sessions that begin with a "." are "hidden" from byobu-select-session(1). This is useful, for instance, if you do not want a session to be automatically selected at login. Example: byobu -S .hidden FILES
$BYOBU_CONFIG_DIR/.always-select SEE ALSO
byobu(1), screen(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 12 Jan 2010 byobu-select-session(1)