Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX aix kernel changes protocol on serial? Post 302303465 by nilleb on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 04:56:00 PM
Old 04-02-2009
thanks, a list worth to know

thanks dukessd for the list.

what I meant was: is there a way to alter the operating system communication parameters using the firmware?

I now realize that it isn't probably possible. this morning I was thinking to the firmware/SMS as a sort of grub, through which, even if in a limited way, we can browse the filesystem and pass parameters to the booting kernel.

so my question. thanks a lot for your explication.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

2. AIX

Serial port in AIX

Hi, How can i configure my modem in AIX thru serial port (sa0-->tty0) I have two port serial card configured as sa0 I created tty1 which port is tty0 and which port is tty1 how can i know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

3. Programming

Serial file transfer protocol / checksums

Hello ppl, I'm working on a windows program simulating an existing Unix program, the program is a firmware downloader, it sends a binary firmware file through the serial port (rs232) to a Set-Top Box running under unix system too, as i'm a poor unix user and not a unix programmer i choosed the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
10 Replies

4. AIX

Loading AIX kernel extensions on reboot

Greetings, Does anyone know how to load AIX kernel extensions on reboot? I know that Oracle loads it's postwait kernel extension via a executable in /etc/inittab. I'm assuming this executable calls the "sysconfig" system call and loads it. What if I wrote my own? What is the proper way in AIX to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbleistein
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX: mkdev is waiting in kernel at et_wait

Hi All, bash-3.2# ps -eaf | grep mkdev root 4378752 1548526 0 03:27:04 - 0:00 /usr/sbin/mkdev -c disk -s vscsi -t xyz -l virtualdev bash-3.2# Here we are trying to create a virtual device using mkdev and the device is already populated in the namespace and the corresponding ODMs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Muppana Prasad
1 Replies

6. AIX

How can AIX get the disk serial number?

Hi Everyone, lscfg will get the disk information by reading the VPD of that particular hdisk I have few doubts about how Aix works, please help me to get them clear 1) How can Aix gets the disk serial number after disk assign and cfgmgr 2) Newly added disk information was added to CuVPD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to change from tty03 to tty00 serial port in AIX 5.x?

Hi, We use AIX 5.x, and we have an application that use the info from a server through a serial port tty00. Some days ago, we bought a new two port serial board, and the server assign this new ports as tty02 and tty03, and leaves tty00 and tty01 as unavailable. We cant modify the program and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
4 Replies

8. AIX

Connect GPS to serial port AIX 5.x

HI, Does anyone installed a GPS from his Serial port to an IBM Server serial port with AIX 5.X I would like the rs232 configuration you used on the GPS, and the ttys configuration from your server. Thanks in advance !!! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.2 - Error initializing a device into the kernel.

On a fresh bare metal (no LPARs) install of AIX 7.2 running cfgmgr is returning.. # cfgmgr Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm2 ): 0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel. Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgstorfworkcom -l sfwcomm3 ): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-getty-generator					SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-getty-generator - Generator for enabling getty instances on the console SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-getty-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-getty-generator is a generator that automatically instantiates serial-getty@.service on the kernel console(s), if they can function as ttys and are not provided by the virtual console subsystem. It will also instantiate serial-getty@.service instances for virtualizer consoles, if execution in a virtualized environment is detected. If execution in a container environment is detected, it will instead enable console-getty.service for /dev/console, and container-getty@.service instances for additional container pseudo TTYs as requested by the container manager (see Container Interface[1]). This should ensure that the user is shown a login prompt at the right place, regardless of which environment the system is started in. For example, it is sufficient to redirect the kernel console with a kernel command line argument such as console= to get both kernel messages and a getty prompt on a serial TTY. See kernel-parameters.txt[2] for more information on the console= kernel parameter. systemd-getty-generator implements systemd.generator(7). Further information about configuration of gettys can be found in systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere)[3]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), agetty(8) NOTES
1. Container Interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface/ 2. kernel-parameters.txt https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt 3. systemd for Administrators, Part XVI: Gettys on Serial Consoles (and Elsewhere) http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/serial-console.html systemd 237 SYSTEMD-GETTY-GENERATOR(8)