Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gigabit Link throughput
Special Forums IP Networking Gigabit Link throughput Post 302303415 by debd on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 02:43:25 PM
Old 04-02-2009
Gigabit Link throughput

As a rule of thumb in doing calculations, what figure would you use in Mbytes/sec? I know the answer varies grealty on the topolgy of the network but I wonde what newteok engineers use a rough rule of thumb?

Many thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

100 gigabit full duplex

How can I tell on Solaris 9 sparc if my nics are running 100 gigabit full duplex... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i test my tape throughput in Mb/sec?

Is there a tool or cmd line program i can use to test my tape throughput in Mb/sec? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tool to monitor throughput

Was wonder if there was a tool or program I could run to measure throughput on our CentoS 4.x server. Our current dedicated host provider is charging us by how much throughput we are using and I just want to see if their numbers add up to whatever I get using a throughput tool of some kind. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
6 Replies

4. SCO

SCO6: Upgrading nd: no intel gigabit drivers?

I just (re)installed SCO6 here from scratch because I am hunting a problem. So, I installed it, then got the SCO OpenServer Release 6.0.0 Maintenance Pack 4 Device Drivers Supplement .iso and installed the nd package. # mount -F cdfs /dev/cd0 /cd-rom # pkgadd -d /cd-rom Then elect the nd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dalek
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SUN GIGABIT ETHERNET CARD

Hi, we have SUN Gigabit ethernet cards at the server, both have 2 lines connected but hiw can I found out which cable is on which port before I configure it: the cards has 4 ports , from right to left the cables are connected at the first right then 2 empty then the last at the left side. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manni2
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Throughput problems with solaris aggregation

Hello gurus, I have the following configuration in the server side: # dladm show-aggr key: 33 (0x0021) policy: L4 address: 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 (auto) device address speed duplex link state nxge0 0:14:4f:6c:11:8 1000 Mbps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FERCA
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Issue with ns2 - no throughput data

Hello, First time poster here hoping to get some help with ns2. I've recently started using ns2(first time user) but I'm having difficulty getting the results I'm after. I am trying to set up a network with wireless nodes(5-15 nodes) and then use xgraph to display a timing diagram,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnicksMan
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bonding IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation : Bond showing less than desired throughput

Hi All, I have done IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation bond configuration with name bond0 which has 4 slaves (each 25GB/s) in it on cent os 6.8. Issue i am facing is bonding throughput is only 50GB/s not 100GB/s. below are the configuration files : DEVICE=bond0 IPADDR=xx.xx.xx.xx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
Perl::Critic::Theme(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Perl::Critic::Theme(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Theme - Construct thematic sets of policies. DESCRIPTION
This is a helper class for evaluating theme expressions into sets of Policy objects. There are no user-serviceable parts here. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a non-public class. Its interface is subject to change without notice. METHODS
"new( -rule => $rule_expression )" Returns a reference to a new Perl::Critic::Theme object. "-rule" is a string expression that evaluates to true or false for each Policy.. See "THEME RULES" for more information. "policy_is_thematic( -policy => $policy )" Given a reference to a Perl::Critic::Policy object, this method returns evaluates the rule against the themes that are associated with the Policy. Returns 1 if the Policy satisfies the rule, 0 otherwise. " rule() " Returns the rule expression that was used to construct this Theme. The rule may have been translated into a normalized expression. See "THEME RULES" for more information. THEME RULES A theme rule is a simple boolean expression, where the operands are the names of any of the themes associated with the Perl::Critic::Polices. Theme names can be combined with logical operators to form arbitrarily complex expressions. Precedence is the same as normal mathematics, but you can use parentheses to enforce precedence as well. Supported operators are: Operator Altertative Example ---------------------------------------------------------------- && and 'pbp && core' || or 'pbp || (bugs && security)' ! not 'pbp && ! (portability || complexity) See "CONFIGURATION" in Perl::Critic for more information about customizing the themes for each Policy. SUBROUTINES
"cook_rule( $rule )" Standardize a rule into a almost executable Perl code. The "almost" comes from the fact that theme names are left as is. CONSTANTS
$RULE_INVALID_CHARACTER_REGEX A regular expression that will return the first character in the matched expression that is not valid in a rule. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Imaginative Software Systems This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Theme(3pm)