Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX warning message: 651-812: System shutdown due to Post 302303299 by linux.cao.ca on Thursday 2nd of April 2009 10:16:49 AM
Old 04-02-2009
thanks dukessd, I checked the error log again and did find the error related to this warning message.

As normal case, diagale should put an entry in cron, but this time i didn't find any. So
I still confused a little.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Error: 651-880

Hi... I have a IBM pseries with AIX 4.3... and the root user receive the next error (via e-mail) diagela A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Thu Aug 18 04:01:05 AST 2005 801014 The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s) (causes are listed in descending order of probability): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgonzal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown a system by MAC?

Ok here is the problem we have 2 v440 with same IP address running solars 9. one remains on the other remains off. They are both configured exactly the same for redundant purposes for the software we use. This was the best/worst idea. Great because down time is only a mere minutes. The bad is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
7 Replies

3. Programming

CORE_DUMP due to PRO C on AIX !! Help me !!

Hi All , i found two core files on aix customer machine due to two pro-c executables . we dont have any debugger like dbx . even i captured the log reports reg the core dumps .. i pasted the details here belo3w .please help me out h ow to resolve the issue :-( .... THANKS IN ADVANCE ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
1 Replies

4. AIX

Process crashing on AIX due to memory Leak

Hi All, I have a process running on my AIX 5.3 server box. The process runs fine for 5-6days but then crashes. The log file shows malloc failure and the svmon (Virtual memory size), ps -lef (SZ value) are also gradually increasing. But unfortunately MALLOCDEBUG and any other memory debugging... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
3 Replies

5. Solaris

logs for system shutdown

I am working on a SUN T2000 machine with Solaris 10 running on it. When I checked the system this morning, I found it to be turned off. The lastreboot command showed that the system had been shut down the previous night. I want to find out how the system was shut down. I have run hardware health... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batman727
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Shutdown Warning Using SAM

Bump to questions thread, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MINICooperS
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cannot register due to "spam" error message

Hi all, I am trying to register but it seems my IP address is being seen or black listed as a spam address. I get the following message: "Registration denied. Sorry, The UNIX and Linux Forums runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via by posting in this forum if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 Error - "A file, file system or message queue is no longer available."

Getting a strange error with a log file below. This is just a normal text log file that is written to by an application on the server. The applicaiton is down, however, I cannot read, remove or touch this file. The file shows on an ls listing but not an ls -al listing. The file system is JFS2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i avoid system hang due to ssh in script?

I have a script that collects data from about 200 servers using 'ssh'. The problem is that, process sometime hangs at some point stopping the execution of the script. Please give me some idea how can I force the execution to jump to the next step if there arises any problem !! Thanks for replies if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdangol
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Shutdown system option

I am working on sunos solaris. I want to know which is good for system shut-down ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jitesh Varshney
3 Replies
SHUTDOWN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SHUTDOWN(8)

NAME
shutdown, poweroff -- close down the system at a given time SYNOPSIS
shutdown [-] [-h | -p | -r | -k] [-o [-n]] time [warning-message ...] poweroff DESCRIPTION
The shutdown utility provides an automated shutdown procedure for super-users to nicely notify users when the system is shutting down, saving them from system administrators, hackers, and gurus, who would otherwise not bother with such niceties. The following options are available: -h The system is halted at the specified time. -p The system is halted and the power is turned off (hardware support required) at the specified time. -r The system is rebooted at the specified time. -k Kick everybody off. The -k option does not actually halt the system, but leaves the system multi-user with logins disabled (for all but super-user). -o If one of the -h, -p or -r options are specified, shutdown will execute halt(8) or reboot(8) instead of sending a signal to init(8). -n If the -o option is specified, prevent the file system cache from being flushed by passing -n to halt(8) or reboot(8). This option should probably not be used. time Time is the time at which shutdown will bring the system down and may be the case-insensitive word now (indicating an immediate shut- down) or a future time in one of two formats: +number, or yymmddhhmm, where the year, month, and day may be defaulted to the current system values. The first form brings the system down in number minutes and the second at the absolute time specified. +number may be specified in units other than minutes by appending the corresponding suffix: ``s'', ``sec'', ``m'', ``min''. ``h'', ``hour''. warning-message Any other arguments comprise the warning message that is broadcast to users currently logged into the system. - If '-' is supplied as an option, the warning message is read from the standard input. At intervals, becoming more frequent as apocalypse approaches and starting at ten hours before shutdown, warning messages are displayed on the terminals of all users logged in. Five minutes before shutdown, or immediately if shutdown is in less than 5 minutes, logins are dis- abled by creating /var/run/nologin and copying the warning message there. If this file exists when a user attempts to log in, login(1) prints its contents and exits. The file is removed just before shutdown exits. At shutdown time a message is written to the system log, containing the time of shutdown, the person who initiated the shutdown and the rea- son. The corresponding signal is then sent to init(8) to respectively halt, reboot or bring the system down to single-user state (depending on the above options). The time of the shutdown and the warning message are placed in /var/run/nologin and should be used to inform the users about when the system will be back up and why it is going down (or anything else). A scheduled shutdown can be canceled by killing the shutdown process (a SIGTERM should suffice). The /var/run/nologin file that shutdown created will be removed automatically. When run without options, the shutdown utility will place the system into single user mode at the time specified. Calling ``poweroff'' is equivalent to running: shutdown -p now FILES
/var/run/nologin tells login(1) not to let anyone log in EXAMPLES
Reboot the system in 30 minutes and display a warning message on the terminals of all users currently logged in: # shutdown -r +30 "System will reboot" COMPATIBILITY
The hours and minutes in the second time format may be separated by a colon (``:'') for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
kill(1), login(1), wall(1), nologin(5), halt(8), init(8), reboot(8) HISTORY
The shutdown utility appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
December 15, 2014 BSD