Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk output in a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk output in a variable Post 302302981 by andaluzia on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 02:27:20 PM
Old 04-01-2009
Thanks.

Wonderful solution!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to output awk to a variable

Hi folks, I am wondering how to output awk back to a variable. I am new to Unix/Linux. I am trying to get rid of a decimal number and put the output back in a variable for further use in the script. here is how I used awk: var=$1 echo $var |awk '{print $1 *100}' | $var echo $var this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set a variable from awk output

I have a file which I am processing using awk to spit out the following: export CLIENT=1 ; export USER=1 ; export METABASE=1 ; export TASK=1 ; export TOTAL=3 What i want to do now is execute that within the script so those variables are available to other commands. I've tried piping the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Output into a variable

Hi I am trying to store the output of awk into a variable in a shell script. I can run it successfully from the command line but not from a ksh shell script. ls -al test.txt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}' returns -rw-r--r-- #!/bin/ksh perm=$(`ls -al test.txt | grep -v grep | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mace_560
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk for setting variable but change the output of this variable within awk

Hi all, Hope someone can help me out here. I have this BASH script (see below) My problem lies with the variable path. The output of the command find will give me several fields. The 9th field is the path. I want to captured that and the I want to filter this to a specific level. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on awk---- need to assign the output of awk to a variable

hi i want to find the size of a folder and assign it to a variable and then compare if it is greater than 1 gb. i am doin this script, but it is throwing error.... #!/bin/ksh cd . | du -s | size = awk '{print $1}' if size >= 112000 then echo size high fi ERROR : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning output from awk to variable

I have a script whose contents are as below result= awk 's=100 END {print s }' echo "The result is" $result The desired output is The result is 100 My script is running without exiting and i am also not getting the desired output. Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question : system output to awk variable.

Hi Experts, I am trying to get system output to capture inside awk , but not working: Please advise if this is possible : I am trying something like this but not working, the output is coming wrong: echo "" | awk '{d=system ("date") ; print "Current date is:" , d }' Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the variable from awk output?

I am reading an xml file with date tag as <Date>Default</Date> using the below command. Dt=$(awk -F'' '/<Date>/{print $3}' /home/test/try.xml and getting the value from the xml file stored in this variable "Dt" echo $Dt gives me a value. Dt=Default. Now according to my requirement, If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saidul
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo awk output from its variable

Stumped with the formatting of the awk output when used with variables, e.g.: awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print {$2,$3,$4}' $infile1 produces the desired output (with rows), but when echoing the variable below, the output is one continuous line var1=$(awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using variable output in awk

Hi, I am trying to use variable output in awk to append a string to a word in a line. But that is not happening. Could you please help me on this. YouTube Video Tutorial: How to Use Code Tags and Format Posts @UNIX.com The below is the code #!/bin/ksh set -x src=/users/oracle/Temp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
2 Replies
EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)					       EEGDEV library manual						EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)

NAME
egd_sensor_type, egd_sensor_name - Get the id or name of a sensor type SYNOPSIS
#include <eegdev.h> int egd_sensor_type(const char* sname); const char* egd_sensor_name(int stype); DESCRIPTION
egd_sensor_type() returns the identifier code of the sensor type named sname. egd_sensor_name() is the reverse process: it retrieves the name of the sensor type identified by stype. Depending on which acquisition devices have been accessed by the library, the sensor type identifier for a given name may be different from a previous program execution. However once a association has been established it is ensured that it will remain the same until the process termination. Additionally, the sensor types named "eeg", "trigger" and "undefined" are always associated respectively to 0, 1 and 2. RETURN VALUE
In case of success, egd_sensor_type() returns a non negative value corresponding to the identifier of the sensor type called name. Other- wise it returns -1. In case of success, egd_sensor_name() returns the name of the sensor type identified by stype. Otherwise, NULL is returned and errno is set accordingly. ERRORS
egd_sensor_type() or egd_sensor_name() will fail if: EINVAL sname is NULL or refers to an unknown sensor type or if stype is not a known sensor type identifier. SEE ALSO
egd_get_numch(3) egd_get_cap(3) EPFL
2011 EGD_SENSOR_TYPE(3)