Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Easy About Bash Script function Post 302302936 by orestis7 on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:33:51 AM
Old 04-01-2009
hi marcus!

with this line:

find $HOME -daystart -ctime 0 -type f >files_today.list # files modified today

you take the list with the files modified today or also the files that are created today?which is the parameter that ensure this?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running function or command concurrently in a bash script

I currently run a script over a vpnc tunnel to back-up my data to a remote server. However for a number of reasons the tunnel often collapses. If I manually restore the tunnel then the whole thing can continue, but I want to add into my script a section whereby while the transfer is taking place,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_bridges
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias, function or script (bash) to "revert" cd command?

In all of my brief and superficial experience with Unix or Linux, the one curious and consistent thing has been that 'cd ./' (back up one directory level) has done absolutely nothing in any of them. Now I understand that, at least for bash, 'cd ./' appears to have been substituted by 'cd ..' Am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run function from script over ssh (BASH)

Hi, Is there any cleaver way to run function from the bash scrip over ssh? For example: #!/bin/bash #Function 1 FN1 () { ls -l } #Main run ssh user@host FN1 exit 0 Yeah, I know it will not work, but I'm asking how to make it to work :) I'm suspecting that it would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: columb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error when call function in bash script

Dear all, Could you please advice as I when call function i found the following error " refills: command not found" note that refills is function name. following also the function and how i call it function refills { echo "formatting refills and telepin" >> $log awk -F,... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.gad
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script function parameters

I have a question about bash script. Can I create a function there that accept parameters like functions in program language? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep and read function in a BASH Script

I'm putting together a script that will search my mail archives for emails that meet certain criteria and output the files to a text file. I can manually cat that text file and pipe it into sendmail and it will work (i.e. cat /pathtofile/foo.txt | sendmail -t me@company.com) My script sends... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: problem with a function which use colors

Hello guys :) I've a some issue with a function which use the bash colors in my script. An example : #!/bin/bash set -x log_in(){ host="srv1" remote_files="log/" LOG_FILE="logfile" green='\033]; then color_in_red=("${red}"$2"${none}") echo -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)