Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX disk space shortage, how to migrate to LVM? Post 302302932 by linux.cao.ca on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 11:22:33 AM
Old 04-01-2009
michael,

u misunderstood lvm, all file system under lvm.
lsvg rootvg will give u a brief message of free space of rootvg which all your troubled fs in.

smit fs to change the size of file system. or #chfs -a size=+10m /home to add 10m to /home. etc.

lsvg rootvg
VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0003336597305871
VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 32 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION: read/write TOTAL PPs: 1084 (34688 megabytes)
MAX LVs: 256 FREE PPs: 264 (8448 megabytes)
LVs: 10 USED PPs: 820 (26240 megabytes)
OPEN LVs: 9 QUORUM: 1
TOTAL PVs: 2 VG DESCRIPTORS: 3
STALE PVs: 0 STALE PPs: 0
ACTIVE PVs: 2 AUTO ON: yes
MAX PPs per PV: 1016 MAX PVs: 32

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk

Hi, Im getting a downtime of 4 hrs to do porting of bootdisks. Currently, the system is running on Sf4800. 2 internal disk 36G connected to a SE3510 storage. We're getting 72G disks and we want to restore the OS from the current 36G to the 72G disk. System is under veritas volume manager ctrl.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

3. AIX

Disk I/O Issue using LVM

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Migrate from Single Disk to Many? (RHEL 4.6)

I have a Red Hat Enterprise 4.6 virtual server built on 1 virtual disk running Oracle Applications on VMware ESX 3.5; the performance of the virtual server is not good because of IO bottlenecks. The ESX server is reporting minimal load, it's the virtual server which is struggling with disk IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: home4ktt
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX LVM migrate lp

Hi, I have questions about unix AIX's lvm. Is there some problem to do migrate lp into a mirrored vg or should i break the mirror before? Is necessary to run reorgvg after I migrate lp ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

6. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

8. Linux

How to migrate a running lvm.?

Hi all, Please explain how do i. Migrate and backup a running lvm..!! Thanks, Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordkizzo
3 Replies
vxiod(1M)																 vxiod(1M)

NAME
vxiod - start, stop, and report on Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads SYNOPSIS
vxiod vxiod [-f ] [set count] DESCRIPTION
The vxiod utility starts, stops, or reports on Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) I/O kernel threads. An I/O thread provides a process context for performing I/O in VxVM. When the vxio module is loaded, 16 I/O threads are created, plus 2 threads per additional CPU for a system with more than 8 CPUs, up to a maximum of 64 threads. At least one I/O thread must be running while the vxio module is loaded, and the number of I/O threads cannot be forced to zero. When invoked with no arguments, vxiod prints the current number of I/O threads to the standard output. The number of threads that is required for handling I/O requests depends on the system load and usage. If volume recovery seems to proceed more slowly at times, it may be possible to improve its performance by increasing the number of I/O threads up to a maximum of 64. KEYWORDS
set When invoked with the set keyword, vxiod creates the number of I/O threads specified by count. If more volume I/O threads exist than are specified by count, the excess processes terminate. If more than the maximum number(64) are specified, the requested number is silently truncated to that maximum. OPTIONS
-f This option has no effect from release 5.0 onward. The number of I/O threads cannot be reduced to zero. EXIT CODES
The vxiod utility prints a diagnostic on the standard error, and exits if an error is encountered. If an I/O request occurs within a I/O thread, the state of that I/O request is not reflected in the exit status for vxiod. Otherwise, vxiod returns a non-zero exit status on error. Usage errors result in an exit status of 1 and a usage message. If the requested number of threads cannot be created, the exit status is 2, and the number of threads that were successfully started is reported. If any other error occurs, the exit status is 3. FILES
/dev/vx/iod The device used to report on and start volume I/O threads. NOTES
Veritas Volume Manager I/O threads cannot be killed directly through the use of signals. Depending on the operating system, VxVM I/O threads may not appear in the list of processes that is output by the ps command. The number of I/O threads that is currently running can be determined by running vxiod. SEE ALSO
fork(2), ps(1), vxconfigd(1M), vxdctl(1M), vxintro(1M), vxio(7), vxiod(7) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxiod(1M)