Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find most recently modified directories Post 302302906 by glev2005 on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 10:33:16 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Find most recently modified directories

How do I do it? Simple answers preferred... using BASH.. the less code the better.

I want to find out where Indesign is caching PDF tmp data ... I figure this is a good way to do it.. either way i wanna know how to do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp most recently modified file

Hi what is the most optimum way to ftp the most recently modified file starting with a particular string. i tried this ftp -n 2>logfile 1>&2 <<EOF open xxxxxx user xxxx xxxx prompt ls -ltr f* res !var=`tail -1 |awk { print $9 }'` bye EOF that gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last modified file in 2 or more directories

Hi, Is there any simple way to get the last modified file in a set of 2 or more directories? This should return one file only (not 1 file per directory) Thanks for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: m69w
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying New and Modified Files/Directories

Hi. Our shop is migrating to a new UNIX server and our hope is to do a full migration of all files to the new server weeks in advance of the final migration. As a result we want to identify files on our SOLARIS 8 UNIX server that have changed or that were created after a specific date & time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find recently modified/ updated file

hi gurus, i would like to know how can i find logs files which were recently modified or updated? :confused: using this command? find . -name "*.log" -mtime ?? so what should i put for mtime? thanks. wee (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
9 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the modified dates of files in two directories

Hi Is it possible to compare the modified dates of all the files in two directories using shell script? I would like to take a backup of a directory in production server regularly. Instead of copying all the files in the directory, is it possible to list only the files that are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to monitor Modified Files/Directories

Hi All , I have a directory called "/usr/local/apache/docs/" inside this docs i have below directories , bash-2.05# pwd /usr/local/apache/docs/ bash-2.05#ls -l | less 2 drw-r-xr-x 3 root root 512 Aug 8 2010 Form1 2 drw-r-xr-x 3 root other 512 Mar 8 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanasekar_beem
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
PS2PDF(1)                                                           Ghostscript                                                          PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed is a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2PDF(1)