Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: no sshd log
Operating Systems Solaris no sshd log Post 302302900 by nadamac on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 10:04:20 AM
Old 04-01-2009
auth.info + restart

just add the following line into the /etc/syslog.conf

auth.info /var/log/authlog

and restart syslog service by
svcadm restart svc:/system/system-log:default
after that you may test ssh connections and their log
should be in /var/log/authlog Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd

i just downloaded and installed succesfully openssh server, and am running it on netbsd 1.5, i can not login with anyuser, i enabled root login just to see what happens and i can login as root, but no other user, i checked my config and most things are default, whats going on? has any one else had... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. AIX

sshd restart

need some clarification: if i ssh to the server & i restart the sshd process, did my connection gone? one more thing, there are a few sshd processes in aix, how do i restart it all to read new config? using HUP? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

3. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd question

Can someone tell me the difference between the (2) listed below: oracle pts/1 ip1 May1 7:11 9:11 oracle sshd ip1 May1 7:11 8:22 How do I read the above information, the fact that the row for pts/1 has a longer time duration than the row for sshd. Why is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: banyan
2 Replies

5. AIX

SSHD does not start

I installed OpenSSH on AIX 5.1 but when I try to start it, it says: bash-2.05a# /usr/sbin/sshd bash-2.05a# bash-2.05a# tail /var/adm/syslog.out Jan 8 11:52:22 xyz sshd: fatal: Cannot bind any address. :confused: (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
31 Replies

6. Solaris

sshd not able to restart

Hi, I was able to putty a few server (Solaris 10) of mine using hostname, but when i change to ip address, it shows login as: root Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Access denied I change PermitRootLogin to yes. I tried to do a sshd restart, however ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

7. Solaris

sshd and loginlog

I have shamelessly tried all the possible ways to see if my /var/adm/loginlog logs user access entries for ssh but nothing has worked for me so far..:confused: for telnet login its working fine. Adding auth.info in syslog.conf works but i dont want that output. Is there any way to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
2 Replies

8. Solaris

pam sshd error

Hi I wanted to convert my pam libraries to 64 bit. so recently compiled my pam_banner and pam_wheel to 64 bit. I got the following error... sshd: dlsym failed pam_sm_authenticate:error ld.so.1 : sshd fatal: pam_sm_authenticate: can't find symbol thnaks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSHD config in Suse

Hi there I was wondering, is there anyway I can change the appearance of sshd logs output in /var/log/sshderr.log and /var/log/sshd.log. Right now, its showing as such: sshd: error: PAM: Authentication failure for it.sysadm from cijXXX.jp.mitsubishi-motors.com sshd: Accepted... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
10 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sshd - error

Hi, Do you know what cause the error message ? Nov 19 13:42:19 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in /etc/environment', ignoring Nov 19 13:42:20 cfsasnd02 sshd: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-JOURNALD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-journald.service				       SYSTEMD-JOURNALD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-journald.service, systemd-journald.socket, systemd-journald - Journal service SYNOPSIS
systemd-journald.service systemd-journald.socket /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journald DESCRIPTION
systemd-journald is a system service that collects and stores logging data. It creates and maintains structured, indexed journals based on logging information that is received from the kernel, from user processes via the libc syslog(3) call, from STDOUT/STDERR of system services or via its native API. It will implicitly collect numerous meta data fields for each log messages in a secure and unfakeable way. See systemd.journal-fields(7) for more information about the collected meta data. Log data collected by the journal is primarily text-based but can also include binary data where necessary. All objects stored in the journal can be up to 2^64-1 bytes in size. By default, the journal stores log data in /run/log/journal/. Since /run/ is volatile, log data is lost at reboot. To make the data persistent, it is sufficient to create /var/log/journal/ where systemd-journald will then store the data. systemd-journald will forward all received log messages to the AF_UNIXSOCK_DGRAM socket /run/systemd/journal/syslog, if it exists, which may be used by Unix syslog daemons to process the data further. See journald.conf(5) for information about the configuration of this service. SIGNALS
SIGUSR1 Request that journal data from /run/ is flushed to /var/ in order to make it persistent (if this is enabled). This must be used after /var/ is mounted, as otherwise log data from /run is never flushed to /var regardless of the configuration. SIGUSR2 Request immediate rotation of the journal files. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
A few configuration parameters from journald.conf may be overridden on the kernel command line: systemd.journald.forward_to_syslog=, systemd.journald.forward_to_kmsg=, systemd.journald.forward_to_console= Enables/disables forwarding of collected log messages to syslog, the kernel log buffer or the system console. See journald.conf(5) for information about these settings. ACCESS CONTROL
Journal files are, by default, owned and readable by the "systemd-journal" system group but are not writable. Adding a user to this group thus enables her/him to read the journal files. By default, each logged in user will get her/his own set of journal files in /var/log/journal/. These files will not be owned by the user, however, in order to avoid that the user can write to them directly. Instead, file system ACLs are used to ensure the user gets read access only. Additional users and groups may be granted access to journal files via file system access control lists (ACL). Distributions and administrators may choose to grant read access to all members of the "wheel" and "adm" system groups with a command such as the following: # setfacl -Rnm g:wheel:rx,d:g:wheel:rx,g:adm:rx,d:g:adm:rx /var/log/journal/ Note that this command will update the ACLs both for existing journal files and for future journal files created in the /var/log/journal/ directory. FILES
/etc/systemd/journald.conf Configure systemd-journald behaviour. See journald.conf(5). /run/log/journal/machine-id/*.journal, /run/log/journal/machine-id/*.journal~, /var/log/journal/machine-id/*.journal, /var/log/journal/machine-id/*.journal~ systemd-journald writes entries to files in /run/log/journal/machine-id/ or /var/log/journal/machine-id/ with the ".journal" suffix. If the daemon is stopped uncleanly, or if the files are found to be corrupted, they are renamed using the ".journal~" suffix, and systemd-journald starts writing to a new file. /run is used when /var/log/journal is not available, or when Storage=volatile is set in the journald.conf(5) configuration file. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), journalctl(1), journald.conf(5), systemd.journal-fields(7), sd-journal(3), setfacl(1), pydoc systemd.journal. systemd 208 SYSTEMD-JOURNALD.SERVICE(8)