Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX disk space shortage, how to migrate to LVM? Post 302302881 by SysPAdmin on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 08:59:05 AM
Old 04-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by michalwu
VGs are OK, but regular partitions are running short.
That is the issue.

Regards
m
Partitions(LV) creates under the VG. Most of time free space remains in VG after creating LVs. That you can check by command...
Quote:
lsvg rootvg
Check the Free PPs in the output. If the PPs are available. You can increase your LV by command..

Quote:
chfs -a size=1G /mountpointname
else you can add another PV (disk) into VG by..

Quote:
extendvg vgname pvname
and than can use migratepv command. Check man page for it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Migrate VxVM boot disks to higher capacity disk

Hi, Im getting a downtime of 4 hrs to do porting of bootdisks. Currently, the system is running on Sf4800. 2 internal disk 36G connected to a SE3510 storage. We're getting 72G disks and we want to restore the OS from the current 36G to the 72G disk. System is under veritas volume manager ctrl.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

3. AIX

Disk I/O Issue using LVM

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Migrate from Single Disk to Many? (RHEL 4.6)

I have a Red Hat Enterprise 4.6 virtual server built on 1 virtual disk running Oracle Applications on VMware ESX 3.5; the performance of the virtual server is not good because of IO bottlenecks. The ESX server is reporting minimal load, it's the virtual server which is struggling with disk IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: home4ktt
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX LVM migrate lp

Hi, I have questions about unix AIX's lvm. Is there some problem to do migrate lp into a mirrored vg or should i break the mirror before? Is necessary to run reorgvg after I migrate lp ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfastar
1 Replies

6. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

8. Linux

How to migrate a running lvm.?

Hi all, Please explain how do i. Migrate and backup a running lvm..!! Thanks, Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordkizzo
3 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)