Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify a perl script to find and count Post 302302856 by richsark on Wednesday 1st of April 2009 07:39:49 AM
Old 04-01-2009
OK, it works !

But can it have a count or some words at the bottom that like

"The following objects were found in both file A and File B:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl/shell script count the lines

Hi Guys, I want to write a perl/shell script do parse the following file input file content NPA-NXX SC 2084549 45 2084552 45 2084563 2007 2084572 45 2084580 45 3278411 45 3278430 45 3278493 530 3278507 530... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pistachio
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to modify perl script: Text file with line and more than 1 space

Dear Friends, I am beginner in Perl and trying to find the problem in a script. Kindly help me to modify the script. My script is not giving the output for the last field and followed text (LA: Language English). Input file & script as follows: Input file: Thu Mar 19 2:34:14 EDT 2009 STC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl Script To Send Attachments

Hello, I'm a newbie to the world of programming and so i decided to take up perl. I'm trying to learn how to modify the script below in order to have it sent with attachments. Any suggestions? #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $from = 'xxx@domain.com'; my $to =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmaverick
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory

how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory using perl script.. I mean if I have 10 files under a directory then I want to count the total number of lines of all the 10 files contain. Please help me in writing a perl script on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - need script for modify lines

Hello, does somebody can make script for me, which replace: ąćę ąćę ąćę (input file) to ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę ace;|;ąćę (output file) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xadrian
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of entries perl program or Unix script

Hi I have a file with number of entries name 1 123 name 1 345 name 1 65346 name2 3243 name2 24234 name 2 234234 so on ......... how to count total number of entries for name 1 and name2...and so on Please guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl script] print the assembly instruction and count the occurence

Hi, I have a input file(text file) with the following lines. 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 ;file:UserCall.s ;function:_user_call_table ;C_sourceLine:24 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI ;file:UserCall.s ;function:_user_call_table ;C_sourceLine:30 0x000003 0x6840 MOV R0L,R0L ;file:UserCall.s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
6 Replies
SSL_SESSION_free(3)						      OpenSSL						       SSL_SESSION_free(3)

NAME
SSL_SESSION_free - free an allocated SSL_SESSION structure SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> void SSL_SESSION_free(SSL_SESSION *session); DESCRIPTION
SSL_SESSION_free() decrements the reference count of session and removes the SSL_SESSION structure pointed to by session and frees up the allocated memory, if the the reference count has reached 0. NOTES
SSL_SESSION objects are allocated, when a TLS/SSL handshake operation is successfully completed. Depending on the settings, see SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), the SSL_SESSION objects are internally referenced by the SSL_CTX and linked into its session cache. SSL objects may be using the SSL_SESSION object; as a session may be reused, several SSL objects may be using one SSL_SESSION object at the same time. It is therefore crucial to keep the reference count (usage information) correct and not delete a SSL_SESSION object that is still used, as this may lead to program failures due to dangling pointers. These failures may also appear delayed, e.g. when an SSL_SES- SION object was completely freed as the reference count incorrectly became 0, but it is still referenced in the internal session cache and the cache list is processed during a SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3) operation. SSL_SESSION_free() must only be called for SSL_SESSION objects, for which the reference count was explicitly incremented (e.g. by calling SSL_get1_session(), see SSL_get_session(3)) or when the SSL_SESSION object was generated outside a TLS handshake operation, e.g. by using d2i_SSL_SESSION(3). It must not be called on other SSL_SESSION objects, as this would cause incorrect reference counts and therefore pro- gram failures. RETURN VALUES
SSL_SESSION_free() does not provide diagnostic information. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_get_session(3), SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3), d2i_SSL_SESSION(3) 0.9.7d 2002-12-01 SSL_SESSION_free(3)