Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command similar to watch
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command similar to watch Post 302302733 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 09:00:30 PM
Old 03-31-2009
Code:
while :
do
  ps -e -o pcpu |
    awk 'NR > 0 { s +=$1 }
         END {printf "\rThe current CPU usage is: %s% ", s }'
  sleep 1
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command similar to doskey

Hello all, I need a help in unix. is there any command in unix similar to doskey in MS Dos. It taked pain to enter the big command again and again.. the up and down arrows do not bring the previous commands on the prompt. so pls let me know if there is any command to enable the doskey kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halel
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux watch command on AIX?

On Linux I could use the `watch` command to loop a command X times. Is there a similar command on AIX? If not, is there a way to write a loop on the command line to do this? Linux: watch -d -n 60 'db2 list applications show detail | grep Connect | wc -l' AIX: ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Any command to watch output repeatedly??

Hi Experts,, Can you tell me "Is there any command in solaris that gives the output repeatedly for every x seconds" when used with other commands like ls,du,df,etc..Like prstat updates its output for every 5 seconds.. If i want to view how much of disk usage is going on a filesystem for every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

watch command

Hi, Please help me out! In the man pages they dont talk about any options that can be used to terminate a running 'watch' command. Do you know a way of terminating the command using an option? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foxtron
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

looking for a unix command for hpux - watch

watch is a common linux command that executes a program periodically, showing output fullscreen. I couldn't find anything for hpux, so I created the following shell which the user is testing: cat /usr/bin/watch #!/bin/sh while ; do clear echo "Command: $*" date echo "" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

another command similar to expect

Hi , I just wondering if there is any command that works similar to the expect command. I'm trying to setup a korn shell script that goes to remote servers and executes a command likes : su - username -c "script to execute " but then it'll prompt for the password so if I can provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arizah
1 Replies

7. Linux

similar command of ptree in linux

Hello guys, Is there any command to check the all child processes of a process like `ptree`? ptree is not working in Linux.. Regards, Raghu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use script to monitor command output question? (like Linux watch)

Hi I want to write a script, help me to monitor command output. This script like Linux "watch" command. Below is my script: # cat watch.sh #!/bin/bash while true do clear echo "command: $*" ( $* ) sleep 2 done Then I run this script below (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the watch command

so i have a very long script which i have to run. when i run this script, i want to monitor the the openssl commands it runs. the way ive attempted to do this is: watch -t -n 1 "(date '+TIME:%H:%M:%S' ; ps aux | egrep openssl | egrep -v grep)" 2>&1 | tee -a logfile the above command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
LAMNODES(1)							     LAM TOOLS							       LAMNODES(1)

NAME
lamnodes - Resolve LAM node/CPU notation to Unix hostnames. SYNOPSIS
lamnodes [-chin] [where] OPTIONS
-c Suppress printing the CPU count for each node. -h Print the command help menu. -i Print IP addresses (instead of IP names) -n Suppress printing CPU count for each node DESCRIPTION
The lamnodes command is used to resolve LAM node/CPU nomenclature to Unix hostnames. It can be used to determine the current running con- figuration of the LAM/MPI run-time environment, and generate a boot schema that can be used to launch LAM in the future. By default, lamnodes will print out the node number, default IP name, CPU count, and per-node flags for each node in the running LAM. gethostbyaddr(3) is used to obtain default hostnames. If gethostbyaddr(3) fails, the IP number is displayed instead. This command can be used by setup shell scripts (and the like) to determine information from a currently-running LAM universe. For exam- ple, use lamnodes to resolve particular CPUs and/or nodes to specific unix hostnames. In a batch environment, lamnodes can be used to determine which CPUs share a common node (note that MPI_GET_PROCESSOR_NAME can be used for a similar effect in an MPI program). lamnodes also shows per-node flags. Currently defined flags are: origin The node where lamboot was executed. this_node The node where lamnodes is running. no_schedule The node will not be used to run MPI and serial processes when N and C are used to mpirun and lamexec. EXAMPLES
lamnodes N -n Display IP names and CPU counts for all nodes. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). lamnodes C -n -c Display the IP name of the nodes containing each CPU, and suppress the LAM node number and CPU count. This output can be saved and later used with lamboot(1). SEE ALSO
bhost(5), gethostbyaddr(3), lamboot(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 LAMNODES(1)