Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /home cleanup
Operating Systems Solaris /home cleanup Post 302302711 by TonyFullerMalv on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 05:31:21 PM
Old 03-31-2009
I think this looks like it should work as a korn shell script so simply put:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

at the top?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail cleanup

What is the correct procedures to clean up /var/spool/mqueue? Any help appreciated. This directory gets really clogged up at times. :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

2. AIX

Login ID cleanup

Hello I have many old IDs on my AIX and would like to know the simplest way of knowing the last time an ID was used. I am familiar with the "last" command. Thanks for any info :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cleanup

I am trying to add a unique string to a variable to prevent some name space collisions. DATAFILE=/u001/app/unica/affinium644/campaign/partitions/limited/tmp/ebf9aaah.t~# DATETIME=`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S` echo $DATAFILE > tmpnme.txt sed 's_/_ _g' tmpnme.txt > tmpnme2.txt DATA=$(cat tmpnme2.txt)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whdr02
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup between parenthesis

Hi, I am trying to clean up data between parenthesis () in a file. See example below.... Input File : (New York) Chicago (London) New York (Chicago) London New York Chicago (London) (New York) (Chicago) (London) New York (Chicago) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.date not working please help

:( ---------- Post updated at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:50 AM ---------- Not working ---------- Post updated at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ---------- cp -p /home/* home/exp/*.`date` i am using this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to Cleanup Multipathing

I have a server running redhat 5.5 and it has one SAN device presented to it as LUN9. How can I clean up the remaining entries. I cannot afford to interupt the service. Please assist. # multipath -l mpath0 (36000097000019260298953666633436) dm-11 EMC,SYMMETRIX \_ round-robin 0 \_ 2:0:0:9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup files cleanup

Hello, I've been able to keep a certain number of backup files with the find -mtime command, but is there a way to add the last 4 Sunday's or any other day? I checked the man page and forums, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramsez
8 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Text file cleanup

Hi there, i do get some text files that i'd lile to clean them up based on following rule: if a line starts with " then remove return (new line, carriage return) before ". Example, my input text file line 1 line 2 "line 3 I'd like this to come as line 1 line 2line3 How can i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
4 Replies
USE(1)								   User Commands							    USE(1)

NAME
use - Frontend to the Usepackage Environment Manager SYNOPSIS
csh and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh bourne shell and derivatives: source /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh korn shell: . /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh use [-vs] [-f file] package ... use -l DESCRIPTION
Usepackage is an environment management program. It is based on the principle of packages - collections of executables that share a common set of necessary environment variables, such as PATH, MANPATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For each given package, use sources the appropriate environment information into the current shell. The environment information is speci- fied in a configuration file, see usepackage(1). OPTIONS -v Output verbose information to the standard error stream. -s Silence warnings for un-matched packages. This is useful in a shell rc script when a package is known not to be available on all architectures that the shell is used on. -f file Specify an alternate initial configuration file. -l List available packages and groups. FILES
/usr/share/usepackage/usepackage.conf The default configuration file. /usr/share/usepackage/use.csh Shell setup for csh and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.bsh Shell setup for bourne shell and derivatives. /usr/share/usepackage/use.ksh Shell setup for ksh. /usr/bin/usepackage The underlying Usepackage executable. ENVIRONMENT
Other than the reading and re-definition of environment variables for package setup, use also uses the following environment variables for user configuration: PACKAGES_PATH Colon-separated path list giving the directories to search for configuration files. Shell-style tilde (~) user-directory escapes are expanded. HOME If present in the environment, this is used to provide the expansion for the tilde (~) user-directory. SHELL If present in the environment, the last path component of this is used for shell matching (see SYNTAX) and detecting the style of environment output that should be used, see usepackage(1). COPYRIGHT
Usepackage Environment Manager Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Jonathan Hogg This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA SEE ALSO
usepackage(1), csh(1), sh(1), ksh(1) Usepackage $Date: 2005/12/11 16:42:09 $ USE(1)