Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix 6.1
Operating Systems AIX Aix 6.1 Post 302302604 by kah00na on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 11:47:26 AM
Old 03-31-2009
We've been running AIX 6.1 for about 3 months now. We have had good luck with it. The most convenient thing for us so far has been having nmon integrated with topas (use "~" to switch between the two different modes) and having it included with AIX instead of an extra install.

As far as the /var/adm/ras/livedump, it has to do with live dumps that AIX 6.1 can do. For some reason, it is created as a JFS filesystems. After the install, I went in and changed it to JFS2 because we just got through with a project to convert all our JFS filesystems over to JFS2.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

2. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

5. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

6. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
PARTX(8)						       System Administration							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - tell the Linux kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-s|-u] [-t TYPE] [-n M:N] [-] disk partx [-a|-d|-s|-u] [-t TYPE] partition [disk] DESCRIPTION
Given a device or disk-image, partx tries to parse the partition table and list its contents. It optionally adds or removes partitions. The disk argument is optional when a partition argument is provided. To force scanning a partition as if it were a whole disk (for example to list nested subpartitions), use the argument "-". For example: partx --show - /dev/sda3 This will see sda3 as a whole-disk rather than a partition. The partx is not an fdisk program -- adding and removing partitions does not change the disk, it just tells the kernel about the presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a, --add Add the specified partitions, or read the disk and add all partitions. -b, --bytes Print the SIZE column in bytes rather than in human-readable format. -d, --delete Delete the specified partitions or all partitions. -u, --update Update the specified partitions. -g, --noheadings Do not print a header line. -h, --help Print a help text and exit. -l, --list List the partitions. Note that all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. This output format is DEPRECATED in favour of --show. Do not use it in newly written scripts. -o, --output list Define the output columns to use for --show and --raw output. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get list of all supported columns. This option cannot be combined with --add, --delete or --list options. -P, --pairs Output using key="value" format. -n, --nr M:N Specify the range of partitions. For backward compatibility also the format M-N is supported. The range may contain negative num- bers, for example --nr :-1 means the last partition, and --nr -2:-1 means the last two partitions. Supported range specifications are: M Specifies just one partition (e.g. --nr 3). M: Specifies lower limit only (e.g. --nr 2:). :N Specifies upper limit only (e.g. --nr :4). M:N or M-N Specifies lower and upper limits (e.g. --nr 2:4). -r, --raw Use the raw output format. -s, --show List the partitions. All numbers (except SIZE) are in 512-byte sectors. The output columns can be rearranged with the --output option. -t, --type type Specify the partition table type aix, bsd, dos, gpt, mac, minix, sgi, solaris_x86, sun, ultrix or unixware. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. EXAMPLES
partx --show /dev/sdb3 partx --show --nr 3 /dev/sdb partx --show /dev/sdb3 /dev/sdb All three commands list partition 3 of /dev/sdb. partx --show - /dev/sdb3 Lists all subpartitions on /dev/sdb3 (the device is used as whole-disk). partx -o START -g --nr 5 /dev/sdb Prints the start sector of partition 5 on /dev/sdb without header. partx -o SECTORS,SIZE /dev/sda5 /dev/sda Lists the length in sectors and human-readable size of partition 5 on /dev/sda. partx --add --nr 3:5 /dev/sdd Adds all available partitions from 3 to 5 (inclusive) on /dev/sdd. partx -d --nr :-1 /dev/sdd Removes the last partition on /dev/sdd. SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> The original version was written by Andries E. Brouwer <aeb@cwi.nl>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=0xffff enables debug output. AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux June 2012 PARTX(8)