Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Caps lock dtterm
Operating Systems HP-UX Caps lock dtterm Post 302302597 by mgb on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 11:29:35 AM
Old 03-31-2009
Thanks for your reply. The X Server is running on a RHEL 5.3 box. We are exporting DISPLAY back to it from an HP-UX 11i server and running dtterm from there. The Caps Lock and Num Lock Keys cease to function.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

protect dtterm

we have an hp-ux and a user requested me if i can password protect the dtterm. i know that this is possible but can you give me some hints in making this happen? thanks :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

activating ./dtterm

Working of a Aix 4.3 (using ksh) Have started dtlogin daemon . < root 26376 1 0 14:07:19 - 0:08 ./dtlogin -daemon > Have set dtconfig -e < The CDE environment is Already set as the default User Interface. > Have executed " export DISPLAY=10.1.187.86:0.0 Once all this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set Caps and Num lock from within X?

Hello, Not sure if this is the right place to post it but.. I have a requirement to set Caps lock and/or Num lock on and off via a Cron job. Now I have working scripts that do the job, but as soon as X starts up the jobs no longer run (well they appear to, but Caps lock and Num lock do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: autotuner
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh: Detect key (CTRL/SHIFT/CAPS LOCK) state?

I'm trying to write a shell script that runs periodically and if I'm not at the keyboard, it should do one thing, but if I am at the keyboard, it should do another thing. Therefore I've decided that it would be good if I could press down the CTRL key, (or some other key) and have the shell script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Caps lock problem

hi all this s quite a foolish problem. I seem to hav pressed some keys s.t in unix, my letters are comin in caps and with caps lock on, i am getting lowercase letters. :o Pls help. Also is there any reference or manual where i can check in case such problems arrise? thanx in advance curiosity (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiosity
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate all possible word with caps and no caps

With use of sed/awk, how can I print all possible combinations of a word with caps/non-caps. Eg Applying operation on "cap" should generate output as follows. cap CAP Cap cAp caP CAp cAP CaP (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
12 Replies
KEYBOARD(4x)															      KEYBOARD(4x)

NAME
keyboard - Keyboard input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "keyboard" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
keyboard is an XFree86 input driver for keyboards. The driver supports the standard OS-provided keyboard interface. This driver is cur- rently built-in to the core X server. The keyboard driver functions as a keyboard input device, and may be used as the X server's core keyboard. This driver is currently built- in to the core X server, and multiple instances are not yet supported. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5x) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The following driver Options are supported: Option "Protocol" "string" Specify the keyboard protocol. Valid protocol types include: Standard, Xqueue. Not all protocols are supported on all platforms. Default: "Standard". Option "AutoRepeat" "delay rate" sets the auto repeat behaviour for the keyboard. This is not implemented on all platforms. delay is the time in milliseconds before a key starts repeating. rate is the number of times a key repeats per second. Default: "500 30". Option "XLeds" "ledlist" makes the keyboard LEDs specified in ledlist available for client use instead of their traditional function (Scroll Lock, Caps Lock and Num Lock). The numbers in the list are in the range 1 to 3. Default: empty list. Option "XkbDisable" "boolean" disable/enable the XKEYBOARD extension. The -kb command line option overrides this config file option. Default: XKB is enabled. NOTE: This option should be specified in the ServerFlags section rather than here. It's use here is deprecated. Option "XkbRules" "rules" specifies which XKB rules file to use for interpreting the XkbModel, XkbLayout, XkbVariant, and XkbOptions settings. Default: "xfree86" for most platforms, but "xfree98" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms. Option "XkbModel" "modelname" specifies the XKB keyboard model name. Default: "pc101" for most platforms, but "pc98" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms, and "pc101_sol8x86" for Solaris 8 on x86. Option "XkbLayout" "layoutname" specifies the XKB keyboard layout name. This is usually the country or language type of the keyboard. Default: "us" for most plat- forms, but "nec/jp" for the Japanese PC-98 platforms. Option "XkbVariant" "variants" specifies the XKB keyboard variant components. These can be used to enhance the keyboard layout details. Default: not set. Option "XkbOptions" "options" specifies the XKB keyboard option components. These can be used to enhance the keyboard behaviour. Default: not set. Some other XKB-related options are available, but they are incompatible with the ones listed above and are not recommended, so they are not documented here. SEE ALSO
kbd(4x), XFree86(1), XF86Config(5x), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7x). XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 KEYBOARD(4x)