Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers backup disk to disk to tape question Post 302302487 by lijiajin on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 06:17:51 AM
Old 03-31-2009
maybe i slow
I using this command to solve the problem
Code:
tar czvf /MyNetworkStorage/backup.tar /home | tar cvf /dev/tape0 /home

jiajin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restore to disk from tape

I have been restoring from tape some old data. I have done quite a few tapes and have had no problems until now. The command I am running is "dd if=/dev/rmt/1hbn bs=1024 | tar -pBxF - ". This is the second tape have have come up with the error "Not enough space". This tape has a couple of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtoombs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Staging a backup DISK

Hi, Experts ! I've met a following challenge: I have a unix machine, and I need to take a backup of its disk in order to use it for staging of the next machine in the future. But I try to find some information on how it is best to do it. The spare disk which I have is new and not formatted,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Restoring dump from tape to SCSI disk

Hi Gurus, I need help. Mine is an Ultra 10 machine running on solaris 7. Problem with solaris 7 is, it can no longer recognize IDE disks greater that 10GB. My workaround is ro use an external SCSI disk since it is recognizable with solaris 7. I backup my filesystems (residing on the IDE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domesat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Failing to write retrieve script for tape to disk conversion

I have the below script which has been written to retrieve files from tape drive i.e. TSM server. Now i have to write the script using UNIX commands for retrieve operation but I am not able to proceed. The script is: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f set timeout 1800 set file spawn $env(SHELL)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrsaurav
0 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

backup the whole system to a usb disk.

Hi dears, i´m working with a sun sparc server(M4000) , solaris 10 installed. I need a little help, because i wanna know if is it possible to backup the whole system in a usb disk. I´m gonna explain you a little more why i want to do it. Currently i have installed a Solaris 10 working with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: botella
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NDMP To Backup a Disk Array to HP B6200, EML 103e Tape Library

Hi All, Seeking information on the following and perhaps a bit of insight and opinions: I would like to look into using NDMP to backup a disk array using NetBackup 7.5 to HP B6200 StoreOnce Backup System (i.e. Virtual Tape Library) as well as physical tape library. Does anyone think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Disk

I have a backup script. Before it runs it need to check the backup disk is connected. It usually mounts to /Volumes/Files_Bakup_1 I wrote a bit of script to do the check but it has failed me. if ! cd /Volumes/Files_Backup_1 then echo "could not connect to external hard drive"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Whole disk backup in Solaris 11

Hello! I have an Oracle server X5-2 with Solaris 11. Now, this server will get repurposed before I get a system of my own. I am a beginner...but is there a way I can make a backup or an image of my whole disk so when I get my own system I can just restore without having to reinstall software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipsandiscream
1 Replies
GPODDER-BACKUP(1)						   User Commands						 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)

NAME
gpodder-backup - Backup and restore utility for gPodder user data SYNOPSIS
gpodder-backup [--create|--extract] <archive.gpo.tar.gz> [options] gpodder-backup --purge DESCRIPTION
This utility can be used to create a dump of the current gPodder data (configuration files + downloads), optionally replacing the real con- tents of the download folder with zero-byte files (for submitting your data to a bug report without having to transfer lots of data). OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -c <FILE>, --create=<FILE> Create a new archive -x <FILE>, --extract=<FILE> Extract an existing archive -f, --fake-downloads Store downloads as zero-byte files in backup -n, --no-covers Do not include cover files in archive -D <DIR>, --destination=<DIR> Extract downloads in different folder -P, --purge Remove current data (can be combined with --extract) USAGE FOR BUG REPORTING
This command is useful if you want to report a bug in gPodder: gpodder-backup --create bug123.gpo.tar.gz --fake-downloads Backup your current data to file bug123.gpo.tar.gz, but don't store download data (create zero-size dummy files instead). You can then attach bug123.gpo.tar.gz to the bug report. If you are instructed to try gPodder from a "clean state", you can use the following command (be sure to backup your data before!): gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXAMPLES
gpodder-backup --create today.gpo.tar.gz Backup your current data to file today.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract mybackup.gpo.tar.gz Restore (without purging) the contents of mybackup.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --extract default.gpo.tar.gz --purge Remove current data, then restore the contents of default.gpo.tar.gz gpodder-backup --purge Remove all gPodder data, so you can start from a clean state EXTRACTING FAKED DOWNLOADS
Please note that any existing downloads will be overwritten with zero-byte files when using the --extract option of the gpodder-backup utility with a backup created with --fake-downloads AUTHOR
gpodder-backup was written by Thomas Perl (thp@gpodder.org) gpodder-backup 1.0 December 2010 GPODDER-BACKUP(1)