Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers backup disk to disk to tape question Post 302302487 by lijiajin on Tuesday 31st of March 2009 06:17:51 AM
Old 03-31-2009
maybe i slow
I using this command to solve the problem
Code:
tar czvf /MyNetworkStorage/backup.tar /home | tar cvf /dev/tape0 /home

jiajin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restore to disk from tape

I have been restoring from tape some old data. I have done quite a few tapes and have had no problems until now. The command I am running is "dd if=/dev/rmt/1hbn bs=1024 | tar -pBxF - ". This is the second tape have have come up with the error "Not enough space". This tape has a couple of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtoombs
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Staging a backup DISK

Hi, Experts ! I've met a following challenge: I have a unix machine, and I need to take a backup of its disk in order to use it for staging of the next machine in the future. But I try to find some information on how it is best to do it. The spare disk which I have is new and not formatted,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that can Copy a Range of files from Tape to Hard disk

Hi: I am a trying to write a script using a loop i guess. What I need to do is write a script that can allow my users to load a tape and copy a range of files from a tape to the hard disk. By range I mean, I would like the users to pick a range of numbers like files 3 - 8 and the script will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjazzie
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Restoring dump from tape to SCSI disk

Hi Gurus, I need help. Mine is an Ultra 10 machine running on solaris 7. Problem with solaris 7 is, it can no longer recognize IDE disks greater that 10GB. My workaround is ro use an external SCSI disk since it is recognizable with solaris 7. I backup my filesystems (residing on the IDE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domesat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Failing to write retrieve script for tape to disk conversion

I have the below script which has been written to retrieve files from tape drive i.e. TSM server. Now i have to write the script using UNIX commands for retrieve operation but I am not able to proceed. The script is: #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f set timeout 1800 set file spawn $env(SHELL)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrsaurav
0 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

internal disk and external disk question

Hello, We are running sun solaris and it is connected to SAN storage. How do I find what are the disks are internal and what are the disks are connected to SAN? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

backup the whole system to a usb disk.

Hi dears, i´m working with a sun sparc server(M4000) , solaris 10 installed. I need a little help, because i wanna know if is it possible to backup the whole system in a usb disk. I´m gonna explain you a little more why i want to do it. Currently i have installed a Solaris 10 working with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: botella
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NDMP To Backup a Disk Array to HP B6200, EML 103e Tape Library

Hi All, Seeking information on the following and perhaps a bit of insight and opinions: I would like to look into using NDMP to backup a disk array using NetBackup 7.5 to HP B6200 StoreOnce Backup System (i.e. Virtual Tape Library) as well as physical tape library. Does anyone think... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Disk

I have a backup script. Before it runs it need to check the backup disk is connected. It usually mounts to /Volumes/Files_Bakup_1 I wrote a bit of script to do the check but it has failed me. if ! cd /Volumes/Files_Backup_1 then echo "could not connect to external hard drive"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Whole disk backup in Solaris 11

Hello! I have an Oracle server X5-2 with Solaris 11. Now, this server will get repurposed before I get a system of my own. I am a beginner...but is there a way I can make a backup or an image of my whole disk so when I get my own system I can just restore without having to reinstall software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipsandiscream
1 Replies
AMVERIFY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMVERIFY(8)

NAME
amverify - check an Amanda tape for errors SYNOPSIS
amverify config [ slot [ runtapes ] ] DESCRIPTION
Amverify reads an Amanda format tape and makes sure each backup image can be processed by amrestore and, if possible, the appropriate restore program (e.g. tar). Amverify runs amrestore on each file of the tape and pipes the output to a restore program (if available) with an option to create a cata- logue of the backup. The catalogue itself is discarded. Only the success or failure of the operation itself is reported. If the backup image cannot be processed by the restore program, e.g. if it was written on a different operating system, the image is sent through dd to /dev/null. This still determines if the tape is readable, but does not do any internal consistency check on the image. If config is set up to use a tape changer, the slot argument may be used to choose the first tape to process. Otherwise, the current slot is used. The runtapes configuration parameter determines how many tapes are processed unless it is specified on the command line. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. AUTHOR
Axel Zinser <fifi@icem.de> SEE ALSO
amrestore(8), amanda(8), amverifyrun(8) AMVERIFY(8)