Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing High reliability web server - cluster, redundancy, etc Post 302302261 by kipperjp on Monday 30th of March 2009 01:38:16 PM
Old 03-30-2009
Keep in mind that clustering does not mean high availability. CLustering is sharing resources with multiple machines. What you need to look into is syncing and failover mechanisms so that 2 web servers at different locations are mirrored copies so that if one goes down, dns is routed to the other server.

I am kind of down this route myself and learning as I go. Be nice to utilize an HA consultant as trial and error can be costly.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

High Availability zone on Sun Cluster

HI Experts, Could some one help me in configuring high availability zone on Sun Cluster Reg: Sudhan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat High Availability (HA) Cluster

How can we implement a service in HA, which in not available in HA. like sldap or customize application. Requirement Details. NODE1 service slapd is running.(Require) NODE2 service slapd is running.(Require) on both the node replication is happening. Now here requirement is need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Web server cluster at some point ?

What's the best way clusters for Storage at some point? (The way that data is the same in all parts) To set up a Web server cluster is the logical way?! Cluster database and Storage and then by keepalived + HA cluster will be communicated? Or, there a better solution? (For about 4 points) Thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)						   User Commands					      POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)

NAME
polygraph-dns-cfg - DNS server configuration tool SYNOPSIS
dns-cfg [--option ...] DESCRIPTION
Given a zone name, DNS names, and IP addresses, dns-cfg builds configuration suitable for use with BIND and, perhaps, other DNS servers. Dns-cfg output consists of three parts. The first part is the text to cut-and-paste into BIND's named.conf file. This part is sent to the standard output. The outer two parts are direct and reverse zone files. Those may be quite large and are dumped on disk into the appropri- ately named files. Dns-cfg can use PGL configuration as the source of information. OPTIONS
--help list of options --version package version info --config <filename> PGL configuration --cfg_dirs <dirs> directories for PGL #includes --zone <str> zone name --addresses <str> IP addresses --names <str> domain names COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 The Measurement Factory, Inc. SEE ALSO
polygraph(7) - general information and a list of programs http://www.web-polygraph.org/ - project web site polygraph-dns-cfg - Web Polygraph February 2010 POLYGRAPH-DNS-CFG(1)