Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing High reliability web server - cluster, redundancy, etc Post 302302261 by kipperjp on Monday 30th of March 2009 01:38:16 PM
Old 03-30-2009
Keep in mind that clustering does not mean high availability. CLustering is sharing resources with multiple machines. What you need to look into is syncing and failover mechanisms so that 2 web servers at different locations are mirrored copies so that if one goes down, dns is routed to the other server.

I am kind of down this route myself and learning as I go. Be nice to utilize an HA consultant as trial and error can be costly.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

High Availability zone on Sun Cluster

HI Experts, Could some one help me in configuring high availability zone on Sun Cluster Reg: Sudhan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red Hat High Availability (HA) Cluster

How can we implement a service in HA, which in not available in HA. like sldap or customize application. Requirement Details. NODE1 service slapd is running.(Require) NODE2 service slapd is running.(Require) on both the node replication is happening. Now here requirement is need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Web server cluster at some point ?

What's the best way clusters for Storage at some point? (The way that data is the same in all parts) To set up a Web server cluster is the logical way?! Cluster database and Storage and then by keepalived + HA cluster will be communicated? Or, there a better solution? (For about 4 points) Thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
desproxy-dns(1) 						   User Commands						   desproxy-dns(1)

NAME
desproxy-dns - DNS for dynamic connections SYNOPSIS
desproxy-dns dns_server proxy_host proxy_port OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
If you have direct DNS access then you don't need to do anything else. You know you have direct DNS access if you can resolve host names to IP addresses. NOTE: as desproxy-dns listens in port 53 (which is less than 1024) you may need administrator privileges to exec desproxy-dns (in fact if you are running UN*X, you actually have to run desproxy-dns as root). OK, so you have a dns server accessible now. But your computer doesn't know anything about that. You must configure your network accordingly (again, need to be root in UN*X). Edit /etc/resolv.conf and add the line "nameserver 127.0.0.1". You don't have to restart anything. Just test ping and see if it works. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
dnsproxy(1), ping(1) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>, for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Released under license GPL v2 or any later version. desproxy-dns 2012-03-26 desproxy-dns(1)