Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting insert text into another file after matching pattern Post 302301890 by cookie23patel on Sunday 29th of March 2009 03:31:43 AM
Old 03-29-2009
insert text into another file after matching pattern

i am not sure what i should be using but would like a simple command that is able to insert a certain block of text that i define or from another text file into a xml file after a certain match is done

for e.g
Code:
insert the text 

</servlet-mapping>
<!-- beechac added - for epic post-->
<servlet>
<servlet-name>EpicUpload</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.practicallaw.intranet.epic.EpicUploadedFileHandler</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<url-pattern>/epicUpload</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

into file web.xml at the beginning or end of the tag <url-pattern> (see below)

<servlet-name>Inventory</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/Inventory/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>Satellite</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/Satellite/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<!-- beechac added - for epic post-->
<servlet>
<servlet-class>com.practicallaw.intranet.epic.EpicUploadedFileHandler</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<url-pattern>/epicUpload</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<mime-mapping>
<extension>chm</extension>
<mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text manipulation and pattern matching

Hi guys, I need help: I started receiving automatic emails containing download information. The problem is that these emails are coming in a rich format (I have no control of this) so the important information is buried under a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. To complicated things even further I need to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: caprica13
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pattern matching with comma delimited text

Hi, I have two files that I need to match patterns with and the second file has comma delimited rows of data that match but I'm having trouble getting a script to work that gives me the match output to these sets : file 1: PADG_05255 PADG_06803 PADG_07148 PADG_02849 PADG_02886... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greptastic
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert rows of text into a file after pattern

SHELL=bash OS=rhel I have a file1 that contains text in sentences like so: file1 this is a sentence this is a sentence this is a sentence I also have a file2 like so: file2 command=" here is some text here is more text again we have some text " I wish to echo the text from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Matching and text deletion using VI

Can someone please assist me, I'm trying to get vi to remove all the occurences of the text in a file i.e. "DEVICE=/dev/mt??". The "??" represents a number variable. Is there a globel search and delete command that I can use? Thank You in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roadrunner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text 2 lines above pattern

Hi I am trying to insert a block of text 2 lines above a pattern match using sed eg #Start of file entry { } #End of file entry new bit of text has to be put in just above the } eg #Start of file entry { New bit of text } #End of file entry (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines above matching line with content from matching

Hi, I have text file: Name: xyz Gender: M Address: "120_B_C; ksilskdj; lsudlfw" Zip: 20392 Name: KLM Gender: F Address: "65_D_F; wnmlsi;lsuod;,...." Zip:90233I want to insert 2 new lines before the 'Address: ' line deriving value from this Address line value The Address value in quotes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ysrini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all matching words in text according to pattern

Hello dear Unix shell professionals, I am desperately trying to get a seemingly simple logic to work. I need to extract words from a text line and save them in an array. The text can look anything like that: aaaaaaa${important}xxxxxxxx${important2}ooooooo${importantstring3}...I am handicapped... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grünspanix
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value of column based on file name matching

At the top of the XYZ file, I need to insert the ABC data value of column 2 only when ABC column 1 matches the prefix XYZ file name (not the ".txt"). Is there an awk solution for this? ABC Data 0101 0.54 0102 0.48 0103 1.63 XYZ File Name 0101.txt 0102.txt 0103.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add text to matching pattern in field

In the awk I am trying to add :p.=? to the end of each $9 that matches the pattern NM_. The below executes andis close but I can not seem to figure out why the :p.=? repeats in the split as in the green in the current output. I have added comments as well. Thank you :). file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)

NAME
XML::Smart::Tutorial - Tutorial and examples for XML::Smart. SYNOPSIS
This document is a tutorial for XML::Smart and shows some examples of usual things. Working with contents: In XML::Smart the key CONTENT is reserved and shouldn't be used directly, since XML::Smart will deal with the convertion of arguments to node contents, including multiple node contents autimatically. What happens when you set a value: $xml->{root}{foo} = 'simple value' ; Here foo will be a normal argument/attribute value, and will generate this XML data: <root foo="simple value"/> But if you insert some tag or lines in the values by default XML::Smart will convert it to a node content: $xml->{root}{foo} = "line0 lien1 line2 " ; And will generate that XML data: <root> <foo>line0 lien1 line2 </foo> </root> But what you can do if you want to force some type, let's say, have a node content with a simple value: $xml->{root}{foo} = 'simple value' ; $xml->{root}{foo}->set_node(1) ; And will generate that XML data: <root> <foo>simple value</foo> </root> Multiple contents: When you have interpolated content/data you need to work in a different. Let's say that you load this XML data: <root> content0 <tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> If you access directly the root key as string you will get all the content parts grouped. So, this code: my $xml = new XML::Smart(q` <root> content0 <tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> `,'smart') ; print "#$xml->{root}#" ; Will print that: # content0 content1 # To access each part of the content independently you should use an array that receive the method content(): my @content = $xml->{root}->content ; print "#$content[0]# " ; And this will print that: # content0 # Now to set the multiple content values you should use the method content() with 2 arguments: $xml->{root}->content(0,'new content') ; And now the XML data produced will be: <root>new content<tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> If you use the method content() with only one argument it will remove all the multiple contents and will set the new value in the place of the 1st content. Setting the XML Parser. By defaul XML::Smart will use XML::Parser or XML::Smart::Parser (in this order of preference) to load a XML data. To force or define by your self the parser you can use the 2nd argument option when creating a XML::Smart object: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Parser' ) ; ## and my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Smart::Parser' ) ; XML::Smart also has an extra parser, XML::Smart::HTMLParser, that can be used to load HTML as XML, or to load wild XML data: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Smart::HTMLParser' ) ; Aliases for the parser options: SMART|REGEXP => XML::Smart::Parser HTML => XML::Smart::HTMLParser So, you can use as: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'smart' ) ; my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'html' ) ; Customizing the Parser. You can customize the way that the parser will treat the XML data: Forcing nodes/tags and arguments/attributes to lowercase or upercase: ## For lower case: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , lowtag => 1 , lowarg => 1 , ) ; ## For uper case: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , upertag => 1 , uperarg => 1 , ) ; Loading arguments without values (flags) as a TRUE boolean: ** Note, this option will work only when the XML is parsed by XML::Smart::HTMLParser, since only it accept arguments without values! my $xml = new XML::Smart( '<root><foo arg1="" flag></root>' , 'XML::Smart::HTMLParser' , arg_single => 1 , ) ; Here's the tree of the example above: 'root' => { 'foo' => { 'flag' => 1, 'arg1' => '' }, }, Customizing the parse events: XML::Smart can redirect the parsing process to personalized functions: my $xml = XML::Smart->new( 'some.xml' , on_start => &on_start , on_char => &on_char , on_end => &on_end , ) ; sub on_start { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back ) = @_ ; $pointer->{$tag}{type_user} = 1 if $tag =~ /(?:name|age)/ ; } sub on_char { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back , $content) = @_ ; $$content =~ s/s+/ /gs ; } sub on_end { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back ) = @_ ; $pointer->{$tag}{type_extra} = 1 if $tag =~ /(?:more|tel|address)/ ; } AUTHOR
Graciliano M. P. <gm@virtuasites.com.br> I will appreciate any type of feedback (include your opinions and/or suggestions). ;-P Enjoy and thanks for who are enjoying this tool and have sent e-mails! ;-P ePod This document was written in ePod (easy-POD), than converted to POD, and from here you know the way. perl v5.10.1 2004-12-08 XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)