Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Gparted, NTFS, Partitions, and power failures. Post 302301874 by atoponce on Saturday 28th of March 2009 09:55:46 PM
Old 03-28-2009
You are probably out of luck. Especially without knowing the position of where GParted was. Chances are good that it had already resized the partition, and began moving data to the front of the partition. If the filesystem is EXT3, I guess you could try a filesystem check with fsck, but I wouldn't be hopeful. Sorry mate!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

File Sharing among NTFS Partition & RH Linux 9 Partitions

Well Guys, will anybody solve my problem? I have installed Win XP and RH Linux 9 (Dual Boot) on an Intel x86 Machine. Everything is going fine except that I cannot share files among the two operating systems. For example, if I download a PDF file from internet and save it in my Win XP partition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
1 Replies

2. Linux

GRUB cannot boot NTFS partitions?

I have an issue with booting NTFS partitions with Grub. I have two HHD 1st HDD with Red Hat 9.0 and Grub as bootloader 2nd HDD with 8 Win partitions all ntfs. I have added the following line in my grub.conf: title Windows2000/Domino 6 root (hd1,0) makeactive chainloader +1 When I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDE Man
4 Replies

3. Slackware

Which Unix for Fileserving with NTFS partitions as one sole purpose use?

I have a distant history with Dos based systems so I'm not overwhelmed, but my Unix experience is entirely limited to hacking my Tivo. So I'm kindly requesting a pointer in the right direction specifically asking which Linux would best suit my needs... What I want to do I wish to use an old... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I have partitions with one command but not in gparted

Hi, I used gparted in ubuntu to re partiton my slave hard drive so according to it I just have a logical drive with one partition in it. But when I do sfdisk -l I get: Device Boot Start End #cyls #blocks Id System /dev/sdb1 0+ 9728 9729- 78148161 83 Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Live Linux Cd's with gparted

Which Live Linux Cd's have gparted? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
FINDFS(8)                                                      System Administration                                                     FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)