Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed selective data parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed selective data parsing Post 302301870 by dunstonrocks on Saturday 28th of March 2009 08:45:32 PM
Old 03-28-2009
sed selective data parsing

i have file in the following format
*RECORD*
*FIELD NO*
*FIELD TX*
this is a sample entry
*FIELD SA*
See Also
*FIELD RF*
References
*FIELD CS*
Clinical Symptoms
*FIELD AV*
Allelic Variants
*FIELD EH*
Edit History

*RECORD*
*FIELD NO*
*FIELD TX*
this is a sample entry
*FIELD RF*
There is no "SA" field, just References
*FIELD CS*
Clinical Symptoms. There are no allelic variants (AV) field
*FIELD EH*
Edit History

1) How to parse this data using SED?
2) Extract field, if available

Any input if available

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script selective insert between lines

Hi I have a file in the foll. format *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD AV* Data *FIELD RF* *RECORD* *FIELD NO* ....... ....... *FIELD TX* Data *FIELD RF* (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunstonrocks
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective extraction of data from a files

Hi, I would like to seek for methods to do selective extraction of line froma file. The scenario as follows: I have a file with content: message a received on 11:10:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc message b received on 11:20:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selective replacing text using sed/perl

Hi, I have the following text which I want to search and replace using perl and sed. I would appreciate any help. Please notice the file contains schema name with a single dot and a double dot . &&WEBDIR_SCHEMA. and &&WEBDIR_SCHEMA .. } I would like to change it to the acutal schema... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed selective printing

Hi, I have an xml file having serveral smiliar lines as below <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME ="UNIX" NULLABLE ="NOTNULL" OCCURS ="0" OFFSET ="19" PHYSICALLENGTH ="15"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing data with sed and/or nawk

Good day all. I have the following entries of data in a file in a column, however, I need this data written on a single line with several parameters in a different order. Current format: Treatment ,parmeter1=value ,parmeter2=value ,parmeter3=value ,parmeter4=value... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed for selective pattern replacement

Hi I am having a code snippet grant permission to all user sts|ln|uSe|PSG sajncht|se|Use|PPSPSG psg|ln|use|TSPSG sts_user.Me revoke I need to change all occurance of use (uSe,Use,use) with USE. I am using the following sed command for this sed 's//USE/g' s_sample.txt Output: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing selective data from a vcd file

Hi, This is a vcd file.A vcd file may have 'n' modules. 1) I need to capture the data in bold,i.e. the module names (shown in bold) 2) Also i need to capture the data inside each individual module,say for tst_bench_top ,i need to capture data from line 4 to line 20 ... I just want one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerabahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output selective delimited data to a new file?

I have the following file which at times can be quite large so can be difficult to read, I need a script that just extracts particular delimited data and outputs to alternate file $cat fix1.log FIX4.4|0=12|55=LIT.L|48=123456|32=5|52=20111107-10:52:22.128|38=100|10=200| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddyluv
6 Replies
form_field_attributes(3CURSES)				     Curses Library Functions				    form_field_attributes(3CURSES)

NAME
form_field_attributes, set_field_fore, field_fore, set_field_back, field_back, set_field_pad, field_pad - format the general display attributes of forms SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lform -lcurses [ library... ] #include <form.h> int set_field_fore(FIELD *field, chtype attr); chtype field_fore(FIELD *field); int set_field_back(FIELD *field, chtype attr); chtype field_back(FIELD *field); int set_field_pad(FIELD *field, int pad); int field_pad(FIELD *field); DESCRIPTION
set_field_fore() sets the foreground attribute of field. The foreground attribute is the low-level curses display attribute used to display the field contents. field_fore() returns the foreground attribute of field. set_field_back() sets the background attribute of field. The background attribute is the low-level curses display attribute used to display the extent of the field. field_back() returns the background attribute of field. set_field_pad() sets the pad character of field to pad. The pad character is the character used to fill within the field. field_pad() returns the pad character of field. RETURN VALUES
field_fore(), field_back(), and field_pad() return default values if field is NULL. If field is not NULL and is not a valid FIELD pointer, the return value from these routines is undefined. set_field_fore(), set_field_back(), and set_field_pad() return one of the following: E_OK The function returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_BAD_ARGUMENT An argument is incorrect. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), forms(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 form_field_attributes(3CURSES)