Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting concatenate two files with different No of rows Post 302301776 by The_Archer on Saturday 28th of March 2009 07:53:00 AM
Old 03-28-2009
concatenate two files with different No of rows

need a shell which perform following function

file 1 ( every time new data comes)

file 2 (fixed line)

update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=;

now when i execute shell it will concatinate file 1, file 2 & make file 3 as output

file 3

update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=1212;
update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=2323;
update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=3434;
update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=4545;
update bc_tbl set aix=data , bix=back where cix=U and serial=5656;

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate 2 rows into 1 row

I need to search a file for two values (valueA & valueB). ValueA will be on a different row than valueB, and concatenate the two together on the same row of my output. Example: search input file for strings "node" and "OS", combine the two results into one row input node A text text OS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianadoug
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows in to 2 files

I have 2 files FILEA 1232342 1232342 2344767 4576823 2325642 FILEB 3472328 2347248 1237123 1232344 8787890 I want the output to go into a 3rd file and look like: FILEC 1232342 3472328 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate some of the rows...

i have a file as below and i need to load it into oracle. The problem is, some of the rows are in 2 lines. 123456_PosWlist ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListRpt ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListCSV ----- -----... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific rows in large files having rows greater than 100000

Hi Guys, I need help in modifying a large text file containing more than 1-2 lakh rows of data using unix commands. I am quite new to the unix language the text file contains data in a pipe delimited format sdfsdfs sdfsdfsd START_ROW sdfsd|sdfsdfsd|sdfsdfasdf|sdfsadf|sdfasdf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish2009
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read rows from source file and concatenate output

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to read rows from one file and concatenate to another

Hi guys; TBH I am an absolute novice, when it comes to scripting; I do have an idea of the basic commands... Here is my problem; I have a flatfile 'A' containing a single column with multiple rows. I have to create a script which will use 'A' as input and then output a string in in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlos_anubis
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files

I have a file named "file1" which has the following data 10000 20000 30000 And I have a file named "file2" which has the following data ABC DEF XYZ My output should be 10000ABC 20000DEF (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate files and delete source files. Also have to add a comment.

- Concatenate files and delete source files. Also have to add a comment. - I need to concatenate 3 files which have the same characters in the beginning and have to remove those files and add a comment and the end. Example: cat REJ_FILE_ABC.txt REJ_FILE_XYZ.txt REJ_FILE_PQR.txt >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate broken rows

I need to concatenate the rows that are broken (because of carriage return and line feed) in unix. Input 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT "|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PR TY"|"" Output 123|456|789|"" 987|786|"GRT"|"" 3455|896|654|456|"" 457|234|"RT"|"PRTY"|"" (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet_calramz
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate rows and redefine range

I'm trying to find a way to concatenate consecutive rows (key is column $1 and $2) if column $5 an $6 are integers and redefine ranges in columns $3&$4 and $5&$6 Unfortunately I'm still learning the very basics so I cannot figure a way of doing this with awk. Input file 15 30 21 21 25.0... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
11 Replies
kproplog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      kproplog(1M)

NAME
kproplog - display the contents of the Kerberos principal update log SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/kproplog [-h | -e num] DESCRIPTION
The kproplog displays the contents of the Kerberos principal update log to standard output. This command can be used to keep track of the incremental updates to the principal database, which is enabled by default. The /var/krb5/principal.ulog file contains the update log main- tained by the kadmind(1M) process on the master KDC server and the kpropd(1M) process on the slave KDC servers. When updates occur, they are logged to this file. Subsequently any KDC slave configured for incremental updates will request the current data from the master KDC and update their principal.ulog file with any updates returned. The kproplog command can only be run on a KDC server by someone with privileges comparable to the superuser. It will display update entries for that server only. If no options are specified, the summary of the update log is displayed. If invoked on the master, all of the update entries are also dis- played. When invoked on a slave KDC server, only a summary of the updates are displayed, which includes the serial number of the last update received and the associated time stamp of the last update. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Display a summary of the update log. This information includes the database version number, state of the database, the number of updates in the log, the time stamp of the first and last update, and the version number of the first and last update entry. -e num Display the last num update entries in the log. This is useful when debugging synchronization between KDC servers. -v Display individual attributes per update. An example of the output generated for one entry: Update Entry Update serial # : 4 Update operation : Add Update principal : test@EXAMPLE.COM Update size : 424 Update committed : True Update time stamp : Fri Feb 20 23:37:42 2004 Attributes changed : 6 Principal Key data Password last changed Modifying principal Modification time TL data FILES
/var/krb5/principal.ulog The update log file for incremental propagation. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kpasswd(1), gkadmin(1M), kadmin(1M), kadmind(1M), kdb5_util(1M), kprop(1M), kpropd(1M), kadm5.acl(4), kdc.conf(4), attributes(5), SEAM(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Mar 2004 kproplog(1M)