Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting the file based on logic Post 302301683 by dsdev_123 on Friday 27th of March 2009 03:44:37 PM
Old 03-27-2009
Hello

The script is not working.

this is the error

Syntax Error The source line is 1.
The error context is
<<< NR == 1 || /.H... / && _++ { >>>
awk: 0602-502 The statement cannot be correctly parsed. The source line is 1.
Syntax Error The source line is 2.

The sample data is only for four invoices. The input data might contain any number of invoices but the requirement is to produce 2 invoices in a file each.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting files based on text in the file

I need to split a file based on certain context inside the file. Is there a unix command that can do this? I have looked into split and csplit but it does not seem like those would work because I need to split this file based on certain text. The file has multiple records and I need to split this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrix1067
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on number of rows

Hi, I'm, new to shell scripting, I have a requirement where I have to split an incoming file into separate files each containing a maximum of 3 million rows. For e.g: if my incoming file say In.txt has 8 mn rows then I need to create 3 files, in which two will 3 mn rows and one will contain 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic for file fetching based on date

Dear friends, I receive the following files into a FTP location on a daily basis -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 5021 Aug 19 09:03 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080818210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ftp1 2437 Aug 20 05:15 CHECK_TEST_Extracts_20080819210000.zip -rw-r----- 1 guest ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on first 8 chars

I have an input file of this format <Date><other data> For example, 20081213aaaaaaaaa 20081213bbbbbbbbb 20081220ccccccccc 20081220ddddddddd 20081220eeeeeeeee 20081227ffffffffffffff The first 8 chars are date in YYYYMMDD formT. I need to split this file into n files where n is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on context.

I have file as shown below. Would like to split the file based on the context of data. Like, split the content between "---- XXX Info ----" and " ---- YYY Info ----" to a file. When I try using below command, 2nd file contains all the info starting after first "---- YYYY Info ----" instance.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on column values

Hi all, I have a file (say file.txt) which contains comma-separated rows. Each row has seven columns. Only column 4 or 5 (not both) can have empty values like "" in each line. Sample lines So, now i want all the rows that have column 4 as "" go in file1.txt and all the rows that have column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting file based on pattern and first character

I have a file as below pema.txt s2dhshfu dshfkdjh dshfd rjhfjhflhflhvflxhvlxhvx vlvhx sfjhldhfdjhldjhjhjdhjhjxhjhxjxh sjfdhdhfldhlghldhflhflhfhldfhlsh rjsdjh#error occured# skjfhhfdkhfkdhbvfkdhvkjhfvkhf sjkdfhdjfh#error occured# my requirement is to create 3 files frm the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on line number

Hi I have a file with over a million lines (rows) and I want to split everything from 500,000 to a million into another file (to make the file smaller). Is there a simple command for this? Thank you Phil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on a pattern

Hi All, I am having a problem. I tried to extract the chunk of data and tried to fix I am not able to. Any help please Basically I need to remove the for , values after K, this is how it is now A,, B, C,C, D,D, 12/04/10,12/04/10, K,1,1,1,1,0,3.0, K,1,1,1,2,0,4.0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
LedgerSMB::File(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      LedgerSMB::File(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::File - Provides routines for managing file attachments. SYNPSIS
This provides routines for managing file attachments. Subclasses may be used to provide functionality for specific types of file attachments. PROPERTIES
/ACCESSORS attached_by_id Entity id of the individual who attached the file. attached_by Entity name of individual who attached file attached_at Timestamp of attachment point. content This stores the binary content of the file. mime_type_id ID of the MIME type. Undef if unknown. mime_type_text Standard text code of the MIME type file_name File name, user specified description Description, user specified id ID of file. undef if unknown ref_key Referential key for the file to attach to. reference Reference control code (text string) for attached financial database object. file_class ID of the file class. src_class ID of class of the original attachment point (for a link) file_path Path, relative to $LedgerSMB::tempdir, where file data is stored (for LaTeX use of attached images). dbobject Object for db interface. sizex X axis dimensions, if Image::Size is installed and file is image (only on files retrieved for invoices). sizey Y axis dimensions, if Image::Size is installed and file is image (only on files retrieved for invoices). x_info A hash for extended information Note additionally the $self hashref contains the basic required attributes for DBObject, namely dbh, _roles, and _locale. METHODS
new Returns a blessed object to_hashref Returns a hashref of properties for the object. new_dbobject $file->new_dbobject({base => (LedgerSMB | LedgerSMB::Form), locale => LedgerSMB::Locale}); Creates a new file object. Locale only needs to be specified when using LedgerSMB::Form objects since these are not included. Returns 0 on success. Error codes on exit (OR'd): 1: No database handle included 2: No locale handle included 4: Invalid base. In most cases when working with new code it is simpler to just $file->dbobject(LedgerSMB::DBObject->new({base => $request}); get_mime_type Sends the textual representation of the MIME type. If not set, retrieves and sets it. set_mime_type Sets the mipe_type_id from the mime_type_text detect_type Auto-detects the type of the file. Not yet implemented get Retrives a file. ID and file_class properties must be set. get_for_template({ref_key => int, file_class => int}) Returns file data for invoices for embedded images, except that content is set to a directive relative to tempdir where these files are stored. list({ref_key => int, file_class => int}) Lists files directly attached to the object. list_links({ref_key => int, file_class => int}) Lists the links directly attached to the object. exec_method Provides a compatible interface to LedgerSMB::DBObject::exec_method merge(hashref) Merges in specific attributes from the ref. commit() Returns the value of DBI->commit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 The LedgerSMB Core Team This file is licensed under the Gnu General Public License version 2, or at your option any later version. A copy of the license should have been included with your software. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-14 LedgerSMB::File(3pm)