Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying to native compile Linux Dialog Post 302301625 by mgessner on Friday 27th of March 2009 12:59:13 PM
Old 03-27-2009
It looks like it's not in your shell's search path.

Go to the directory where the dialog binary is and do

./dialog

To make sure the file is there, do

ls ./dialog

HTH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format to linux native?

hi again all, i am still trying to get my old win95 pc to become a unix/linux pc, running with redhat. i managed to install it on my old win32/fat partition (which is the whole hdd), but when i did this it said it may result in lower operating speed, but i couldn't manage to create a linux native... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gan
2 Replies

2. Programming

compile C under linux?

hi everyone, i am a beginner of C and doing a subject which involved c programming under unix. i tried compile the c program under linux. but i can only get the a.out file in /usr/bin, not in the current dir. can anyone know how to change the sys. configration. Please help. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctchung
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile C++ under linux, need help

I am a Linux noob, and have been trying to compile some source in Linux and I am lost. I am a game modder and I have some open source code which I have compiled in windows a million times but now I need to compile in Linux. If this thread fails to help me, I will credit anyone who can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fire_noob
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HoHow to compile Linux dialog - "curses.h" missing ?

Hi, I tried native compile Linux dialog for Linux embedded device and got "curses.h" error message. As Linux dialog is already compiled and working as Debian .deb package (installed it). What is a way to import curses.h from other package sources to work for dialog sources compilation in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

5. Debian

Trying to native compile Debian Dialog

Hi, tried to native compile Debian Dialog as ncurses-dev is available. I am trying native compile Debian Dialog using gcc on Linux embedded router. What's wrong, as running than make I get errors. Mayby this line in the log file is an exaplanation to a problem ? " checking if we have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ?

Hi, example of Unix / Linux dialog utility is below. I am going to use dialog as simple GUI for testing of a modem. So I need to combine some dialog boxes into one. I need to have input box, output box, info box, dialog box, radiobox as in any standard program with graphical user... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Linux

GUI for a Linux router - WWW or ncurses Dialog ?

Hi, Linux router is my only "full" Linux application. I native compiled and installed Linux Unix dialog utility. Dialog comes with a limited set of objects, called widgets. Some work fine, some need improvements. But what I really need is graphical interface to shell scripts run on my... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep Linux in english while windows in native language

hi, I want that a language change in windows won't effect Linux language (which should be always English). I had that feature but A Windows update changed it. How can I fix it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daivon
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
SNACC-CONFIG(1) 						  [FIXME: manual]						   SNACC-CONFIG(1)

NAME
snacc-config - script to get information about the installed version of snacc SYNOPSIS
snacc-config [--version] [--prefix=DIR] [--exec-prefix=DIR] [--uninstalled=DIR] [--libtool] [--cflags] [--libs] [--compiler] [--asn1specs] [--language=LANG (C or C++)] [BUFFERTYPE (one of ebuf, mbuf, sbuf, or tbl)] DESCRIPTION
snacc-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use snacc. OPTIONS
--version Print the currently installed version of snacc. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that snacc was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is normally not needed in Debian GNU/Linux. --exec-prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that snacc was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is normally not needed in Debian GNU/Linux. --libtool If you understand this option, please file a bug against snacc. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a snacc based program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a snacc based program. --compiler Prints the filename of snacc. On Debian GNU/Linux, it's /usr/bin/snacc. --asn1specs Print the location of the snacc-specific ASN.1 files. On Debian GNU/Linux, it's /usr/include/snacc/asn1/. --language=LANG (C or C++) This option determines, wether --cflags and --libs print the flags for C or C++. On Debian GNU/Linux this is e.g. /usr/include/snacc/c/ or /usr/include/snacc/c++/. BUFFERTYPE This option determines the output of --cflags and --libs. BUFFERTYPE must be one of ebuf, mbuf, sbuf, or tbl. SEE ALSO
snacc (1), mkchdr(1), ptbl(1), pval(1), berdecode(1). Please install the snacc-doc package for more information on snacc. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by W. Martin Borgert (debacle@debian.org) for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Parts of it are taken from the glib-config(1) manual page - I hope that nothing is inaccurate for snacc-config. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. AUTHOR
W. Martin Borgert Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 W. Martin Borgert [FIXME: source] 2001-02-17 SNACC-CONFIG(1)