Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command paste with variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command paste with variables Post 302301623 by samos on Friday 27th of March 2009 12:52:22 PM
Old 03-27-2009
16298 mmap2(NULL, 83186, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0 <unfinished ...>
16299 <... brk resumed> ) = 0x8051000
16298 <... mmap2 resumed> ) = 0xb7f71000
16298 close(3 <unfinished ...>
16299 access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK <unfinished ...>
16298 <... close resumed> ) = 0
16299 <... access resumed> ) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

paste command

I wonder if any body can help me with a command i am struggling with. I have a file with around 400 lines in, in a program i have it pulls out each line at a time so that data from the line can be cross referenced with another file. If it finds a match it pulls out a ocde from the second file, this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mariner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paste command

input1 15 150 input2 x 10 100 input3 y 20 200 z 34 44 cmd paste -d "\t" input1 input2 input3 >>output output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with using cut and paste command

I have a file which contains 3 fields separated by tabs example andrew kid baker I need to swap kid and baker using cut and paste commands how is this to be done? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash-how to properly READ and PASTE variables.

Recently i made a script for a project at molecular dynamics but am stuck at the last step.The thing i want to do is to ask the user to input the number of particles, then replace the bolded numbers at lines 9 and 17.. code #!/bin/bash #read number of particles echo "insert the number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arisinhell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't paste in command line.

Hello. I've made a simple script which asks the user to input a hash and then runs a command that replaces the variable $hash with what the user inserted. The ting is that when the programm asks for input I can't paste anything there..! any clues?? :wall: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louboulos
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo two variables like the paste command is not working

Dear all, I have two files like this file1 A B C D E F file2 1,2 3,4 5,6 I want this output output_expected A B 1,2 C D 3,4 E F 5,6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use paste command in while condition??

there are lot of files where in mostly all the file contains 2columnsAl,1 Ail,13 Al,3 Al,1 Al,3 Al,2 Al,3 Al,1 Al,1 Al,1 My requirement is i wanted only the second column of every file as a column ony in the base file... I used paste command... but it is not helping as I'm using while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with paste command using variables

How can I accomplish this? I basically want to merge two variables onto the same line. I can do it with two FILES this way: $ cat /tmp/users_in.list | awk -F "," '{print $2}' | cut -c -1 > first.initial $ awk -F "," '{print $1}' /tmp/users_in.list | awk '{print $1}' > last.name $ paste... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenlightening
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with awk (fatal error) and paste (two variables into one column-by-column)

Hello, I have a script extracting columns of useful numbers from a data file, and manipulating the numbers with awk commands. I have problems with my script... 1. There are two lines assigning numbers to $BaseForAveraging. If I use the commented line (the first one) and let the second one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgbraymond
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with paste command

Hi, I am facing issue with paste command. It is adding spaces or tab in between. I have say 3 files with below data File_1 TH THI THIS I File_2 IS IS S IS RE S File_3 RECORD 1 CORD 2 IS RECORD 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simanto
3 Replies
MMAP2(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  MMAP2(2)

NAME
mmap2 - map files or devices into memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> void *mmap2(void *addr, size_t length, int prot, int flags, int fd, off_t pgoffset); DESCRIPTION
This is probably not the system call you are interested; instead, see mmap(2), which describes the glibc wrapper function that invokes this system call. The mmap2() system call provides the same interface as mmap(2), except that the final argument specifies the offset into the file in 4096-byte units (instead of bytes, as is done by mmap(2)). This enables applications that use a 32-bit off_t to map large files (up to 2^44 bytes). RETURN VALUE
On success, mmap2() returns a pointer to the mapped area. On error -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT Problem with getting the data from user space. EINVAL (Various platforms where the page size is not 4096 bytes.) offset * 4096 is not a multiple of the system page size. mmap2() can also return any of the errors described in mmap(2). VERSIONS
mmap2() is available since Linux 2.3.31. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Nowadays, the glibc mmap() wrapper function invokes this system call rather than the mmap(2) system call. On ia64, the unit for offset is actually the system page size, rather than 4096 bytes. SEE ALSO
getpagesize(2), mmap(2), mremap(2), msync(2), shm_open(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-04-16 MMAP2(2)