Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: deleted /usr
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers deleted /usr Post 302301576 by pludi on Friday 27th of March 2009 10:31:23 AM
Old 03-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by melias
[...]If so, restore from backup is going to be your solution.
..., hoping that the backup/restore program didn't reside in /usr ...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Accidentally deleted s. link /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1

I have accidentally deleted the sim link: /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1 -> /.SUNWnative/usr/lib/brand/solaris8/s8_preload.so.1 and now I can't do almost anything in my Solaris 8 container. I still have an open session to the machine. I can not create the link again because trying to run:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwertysas
1 Replies

3. AIX

Which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node?

Hi Can ony one advise which files can be deleted in /usr in an aix hacmp node ? Im new to aix and Im not sure which files can be deleted ? #df -g /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 7.00 1.00 86% 67013 22% /usr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where do deleted mailboxes go in OS X

Just wondering -- I just deleted one of the mailboxes on my mac, and was wondering where it went. I'd like to do an srm, and thought that it would go to my deleted messages mailbox, but it isn't there (and there were some messages in them.) Can anyone tell me? The mailbox doesn't contain any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accidently deleted /usr contents.

Hi I have the following code which was supposed to clean up a directory when the number of files in that directory exeeded 2.The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/ksh dir_num=`/usr/bin/find /var/.audit -type d | /usr/bin/wc -l` if then oldest_file=`/usr/bin/ls -1t | /usr/bin/tail... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
19 Replies

6. Solaris

How to link sed from /usr/bin/sed to /usr/local/bin/sed?

Hi Guys, OS:- Solaris 10 64Bit I have a small query. On one server a user is facing sed command issue. He gets error regarding sed for this location /users/hoy/2999/batch5/bin/internal.sh: /usr/local/bin/sed: not found How ever the sed is actually present at this location on server:-... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
13 Replies

7. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

OSX: ./Users/myname OR. /usr/myname ? 1) what is the truth on UNIX ./usr/ directory.

OSX uses its own directory strecture on the BSD core, for example /Users/Bob_Alice/. but legacy Unix structure /usr/... remains. Adding confustion, some Unix books say /usr/ was never intended for specific users. and others show it being used for Bor or Alice. I am not sure where to put my third... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelayres
5 Replies
sip_delete_start_line(3SIP)			   Session Initiation Protocol Library Functions		       sip_delete_start_line(3SIP)

NAME
sip_delete_start_line, sip_delete_header, sip_delete_header_by_name, sip_delete_value - delete a SIP header or a header value SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsip [ library ... ] #include <sip.h> int sip_delete_start_line(sip_msg_t sip_msg); int sip_delete_header(sip_msg_t sip_header); int sip_delete_header_by_name(sip_msg_t msg, char *header_name); int sip_delete_value(sip_header_t sip_header, sip_header_value_t sip_header_value); DESCRIPTION
The sip_delete_start_line() function deletes the start line, a request or a response line, from the SIP message sip_msg. The sip_delete_header() function deletes the SIP header specified by sip_header from the associated SIP message sip_msg. The sip_delete_header_by_name() function deletes the SIP header name specified by header_name (long or compact form) from the SIP message sip_msg. The sip_delete_value() deletes the SIP header value specified by sip_header_value from the SIP header sip_header. When a SIP header or value is deleted, the corresponding header or value is marked as deleted. Lookups ignore headers or values that are marked as deleted. RETURN VALUES
These functions return 0 on success and the appropriate error on failure. The value of errno is not changed by these calls in the event of an error. ERRORS
On failure, the returned error could be one of the following: EINVAL If any of the required input is NULL. If the header or value to be deleted does not exist. If the header or value to be deleted has already been deleted. EPERM If the SIP message cannot be modified. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsip(3LIB) SunOS 5.11 20 Jan 2007 sip_delete_start_line(3SIP)