Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: wireless drivers for linux?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers wireless drivers for linux? Post 302301562 by cbkihong on Friday 27th of March 2009 09:34:32 AM
Old 03-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton
found the drivers.
was for intel wifi 5100 (think it was named)

but, then another problem came.
so i red the "readme" but anny of the given commands there worked.
is there annything special i have todo?
You may need a new kernel. If you go to

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link drivers for Linux*

at the top of the page, there appears a paragraph stating your new interface is supported by a recent kernel release.

Can you confirm the kernel version you are using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linux Device Drivers

Here is a cool book. And the price is right! Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux and Leaf Drivers?

Hi there, I thought a lot, wheather or not this thread belongs to this forum, hope I made the right choice. So my question: Is there such thing like leaf driver in Linux, in correspondance to the Solaris nexus/leaf device driver tree? I'm asking that in the context of writing a device driver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyanov
3 Replies

3. Linux

Wireless setup/configuration on Linux

hi all, :) Please let mew know some useful link that has some information about wireless set-up and configuration for Linux FC-8 on laptop. -regards Ashvin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Need Bcm43XX Linux drivers

Hey I am using HP pavilion Notebook, I installed linux on my laptop. But i am unable to connect to internet, can any body help me out to get wireless linux Broadcom drivers for my notebook. Thanks kumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar_d
2 Replies

5. Programming

linux device drivers

hi, this is manju .... i want linux device drivers source codes. pls help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miraclemanju
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Regards, Girish. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish1428
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless internet on redhat linux ?

Hi, Could some please help me in configuring wireles internet on redhat linux installed on my laptop. When I booted using windows, I saw the following, which I think is the name of my laptop's wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection I have run the following steps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish1428
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wireless configuration on My linux

Hello All Please can some one help me to use my USB wireless card D-Link on my laptop i want to configure it, I am using madriva 2010 my system Acer Aspire 4315 i want to know how to configure it and where to get special driver to download the driver Please (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bealoumluka
0 Replies

9. Linux

Nvidia Drivers for Oracle Linux

I'm installing Oracle Linux 6.1 and can't seem to get my second monitor to be recognized by the OS. I think that the issue is with the NVIDIA drivers but, after downloading and installing 3 different version of the RHEL driver I still can't get the second monitor to be recognized. Does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goose25
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

See installed drivers in Linux

Hello everyone from Tenerife, Canary Islands. How can i see in Debian or similar operating system the installed drivers or controllers ? Best Regards https://image.ibb.co/kC5C87/winkho2.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JohnFissburyn
1 Replies
IWN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    IWN(4)

NAME
iwn -- Intel IEEE 802.11n wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, include the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device iwn device pci device wlan device firmware You also need to select a firmware for your device. Choose one from: device iwn1000fw device iwn100fw device iwn105fw device iwn135fw device iwn2000fw device iwn2030fw device iwn4965fw device iwn5000fw device iwn5150fw device iwn6000fw device iwn6000g2afw device iwn6000g2bfw device iwn6050fw Or you can use device iwnfw to include them all. Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): if_iwn_load="YES" iwn1000fw_load="YES" iwn100fw_load="YES" iwn105fw_load="YES" iwn135fw_load="YES" iwn2000fw_load="YES" iwn2030fw_load="YES" iwn4965fw_load="YES" iwn5000fw_load="YES" iwn5150fw_load="YES" iwn6000fw_load="YES" iwn6000g2afw_load="YES" iwn6000g2bfw_load="YES" iwn6050fw_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iwn driver provides support for: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 100 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 105 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 130 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 4965 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 5100 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6150 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6200 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6250 Intel Centrino Wireless-N 6250 Intel Centrino Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965 Intel WiFi Link 5100 Intel WiMAX/WiFi Link 5150 Intel WiMAX/WiFi Link 5350 iwn supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on config- uring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the firmware built with the iwnfw module to work. EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up Join a specific BSS network with 128-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1 DIAGNOSTICS
iwn%d: device timeout The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen. iwn%d: firmware error The onboard microcontroller crashed for some reason. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen. iwn%d: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete The onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load firmware image '%s' The driver failed to load the firmware image using the firmware(9) subsystem. Verify the iwnfw(4) firmware module is present. iwn%d: could not load boot firmware An attempt to upload the boot firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load microcode An attempt to upload the microcode image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load main firmware An attempt to upload the main firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. SEE ALSO
iwnfw(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) AUTHORS
The original iwn driver was written by Damien Bergamini <damien.bergamini@free.fr>. BSD
August 30, 2014 BSD