Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Console Log in..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Console Log in.. Post 302301508 by Amol21 on Friday 27th of March 2009 05:32:48 AM
Old 03-27-2009
Thanks pludi..

I meant remote access. I thought, there would be a different way of doing it as the console IP seems to be different than the regular one. We normally telnet to one normal IP & then telnet to another IP (which seems to be the console log in IP).

Is the procedure different?
Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console Log

Does anyone know how to redirect any messages sent to /dev/console to a file. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdreaves
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permanent log monitoring and leaving the console

Hello, I'd like to create a small application which would monitor one important log on our Solaris 10 environment. So far, I createad a script which does the monitoring, and I though through nohup it would become one of the permanent running processes. >nohup monitor.sh & 3139 > more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartinF
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Cannot log from console login

Hello All, I'm facing the following problem: On a specific server I have installed Red Hat ES 4.5 and everything seems ok. But after a specific reboot, when the login prompt on the console, I put the root password and I canīt log on. It is strange for me due to if y try to log on using SSH I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tailing new log file & echo the string on console

Guys, I do have a script that runs to take the server out from network, after running the script it is writing the new log file{outFile} in to directory . Now what i need is my script should tail the last modified file{outFile} & search the string {Server Status} ans should echo the same at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can not log onto console

Hi, I have been trolling thorugh vast numbers of information but have not yet found a solution to my problem. I am unable to log onto my servers console and I can not explain whats going on. I am running Solaris 10 and have a console connected to it via a kvm switch. I am able to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: philjt88
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Event logging to file and display to console | tee command is not able to log all info.

My intention is to log the output to a file as well as it should be displayed on the console > I have used tee ( tee -a ${filename} ) command for this purpose. This is working as expected for first few outputs, after some event loggin nothing is gettting logged in to the file but It is displaying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output to console and to log

I have a menu based script where user will select different action via displayed menu. I want to log all the action or say whatever displayed on screen to a log file and want to achieve with in the same script. i tried named pipe as below.. logfile=mylogfile mkfifo ${logfile}.pipe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

How can I direct messages from mac console.app to a log file?

I'm trying to complete a bash script to capture if an external webcam is active in a video conference session. Some users will switch the camera to the built-in MAC camera. When this happens I want to trigger a set of events. Things tried: reviewed the console.app to look for patterns on when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallas88
6 Replies
ccr(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    ccr(8)

Name
       ccr - remote console carrier requester

Syntax
       ccr [ options ] node

Description
       The  command  establishes  a logical connection between your ULTRIX system and the console carrier server on a remote system.  enables your
       terminal to act as the console for a remote unattended system.  For example, your terminal can act as the console for  a  Digital  Ethernet
       Communications Server (DECSA) and its resident software.  The node is the name or address of the target node.  A node name consists of from
       one to six alphanumeric characters.  A node address consist of two decimal integers (n.n), where the first  indicates  the  network  number
       (1-63), and the second indicates the node address (1-1023).

You  can  use  to  force  a  crash if a server node becomes unresponsive.  To determine how to force a crash, see the documentation for the
       respective server product.

The requirements for using are as follows:

o   The host node (that is, your local ULTRIX node) and the remote node must be on the same Ethernet.

o   If your server product is a DECSA, the console carrier server image (plutocc.sys) and its loader file (plutowl.sys) must be located	in
	   on  your  ULTRIX node. The pluocc.sys and plutowl.sys files are not need, nor is any loading done for other servers.  For more details,
	   see the installation guide for the particular server product.

<CTRL/D> exits from console carrier mode and terminates

Options
       -c   Uses the specified circuit to connect to the target node.

-h   Uses the specified address (next argument) as the Ethernet address of the target node.

-n   Uses the next argument as the target node ID.

-p   Uses the specified service password (next arguments) in accessing the target node.

Examples
       # /etc/ccr -c qna-0 -n dallas <RET>
       ccr: Remote console reserved
       <CTRL/D>
       ccr: Remote console released
       #

Restrictions
       You must have superuser privileges to run

Diagnostics
       The command can return the following diagnostic messages:

ccr: Remote console reserved
       The command has successfully connected to the remote console server and your terminal is now capable of acting as a console for the  remote
       node.

ccr: Remote console released
       Your connection with the remote console server has been terminated and you are no longer in console carrier mode.

ccr: Remote console already in use
       The remote console server that you are attempting to connect to is already reserved by another user.

ccr: Permission denied
       You do not have the necessary privileges to run (You must be a superuser.)

ccr: Hardware address required
       The  command  is unable to locate the hardware address of the remote node to which you are attempting to connect.  A remote node's hardware
       address must be defined either in the command line, or in its nodes database entry.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

ccr: No node entry in database
       The command does not recognize the remote node to which you are attempting to connect, since the node-id that you specified is not  defined
       in the nodes database.  (Nodes database entries are defined with the command.)

Files
       Console carrier server image

Console carrier server loader

See Also
       addnode(8), getnode(8), load(8), remnode(8), trigger(8)
       Guide to Local Transport Servers

ccr(8)