Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: restvg failed
Operating Systems AIX restvg failed Post 302301428 by rainbow_bean on Thursday 26th of March 2009 09:03:20 PM
Old 03-26-2009
I change it to:
-rwxrwxr-- 1 bin bin 59889 Jun 16 2008 restvg
the orignal is
-r-xr--r-- 1 bin bin 59889 Jun 16 2008 restvg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

dlopen failed!

I can open my so file successfully by calling dlopen directly in my main function. But if I fork a child process, and call dlopen in child process, it failed! I don't know why. Following is my code: #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <dlfcn.h> void childFunc(void) { void... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virmin
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

mmap failed

We recently have been seeing the following type of error on our development server. Being somewhat new to HP-UX I was hoping to get some insight. Here is what I have found. I have been doing some research. /usr/lib/dld.sl: Call to mmap() failed - TEXT /u07/mdev/lib/libCLEND.sl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
2 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Failed Drive

I am trying to recover data off a drive that failed in my iMac. Apple returned the drive to me and I purchased a hard drive enclosure. I have been doing research on prices for data recovery services, way too expensive. I seen some links using Unix DD commands in the terminal none of which worked.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KJ1906
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Failed over crontab?

All, I am working on planning a redundant SFTP setup and some jobs are ran using cron jobs. Would there be a way to some how failover a crontab to another server? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. AIX

TL upgrade failed

Hi I'm trying to upgrade the AIX TL on my test LPAR. current os level is "7100-01-06-1241" Planning to upgrade it to latest TL. "7100-02-03-1334" 1) Downloaded the TL files from fix central Selected "7100-02-03-1334" --> requisite "7100-02-00-1241" ==> Downloaded both 2) backedup... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
9 Replies

8. AIX

Restvg does not assign the correct PP size to volume group

hello, i am running an AIX6.1 machine and i am trying to restore a volume group that i backed up using mkvgdata command from another server. although i checked file .data and i make sure that PP size for this volume group is 128, when i run restvg command to restore it, it fails because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Second try mput failed

I'm having few doubts with below questions not able figure out the reason: mput operation used via shell script failed with 550 code return from FTP - "Overwrite cannot be done". ( Having all permissions to this directory ) but why got failed. When trying to run the script again but now it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
3 Replies

10. Fedora

Rsync failed

I was backing up a home directory and had rsync fail on me. I noticed that it was trying to copy a large file (over 4.2 gigs). That made me wonder if the code is 32 bit and failed on the 2 ^32 (max size issue) The code which I invoked is as follows: rsync -aPH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertdaleweir
0 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)