Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Screen layout of unix.com just changed Post 302301382 by Neo on Thursday 26th of March 2009 05:00:29 PM
Old 03-26-2009
I agree. The wide screen style is better.

Sometimes it is fun to experiment with bounce rate with the (unregistered / guest) users who come here from search engine referrals.

I'll prob' change it back soon, or I might upload a different default skin for fun. I suggest you set the style/skin you like in your CP so you will not be effected by the (experimental) changes.

Cheers!

EDIT: Changed the default back to the wide screen....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix screen shot

i would like to see an unix screen shot if anyone could take a screen shot of unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
7 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Unix screen cmd effecting Vi editor

Hello, I enjoy using the unix screen utility, but my vi sessions lose the ability to syntax highlight code and split screen(:vs or :sp). When not using screen, I can do those things within vi. Anybody experience this and know the fix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geephei
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where is unix-screen-binary path location

hi all, i wanna ask where is unix-screen-binary path location? i cannot find it in /usr/bin or /bin or using man command thx before (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venven
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out who changed the file permission in unix

Can any one tell me is there any command to find out who changed the permission of a file Or is there any log file so that i can find out who has changed the permission of a file? Thanks in Advance:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix scripting and screen session

hi, i am on AIX 5.3. I would like to write scripts that initiate or reattach to a screen session to run some commands either from unix or Universe. Can anyone assist me with a with a wuick primer on this. I can attach or initiate a screen manually and then run the commands but I would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustytina
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get blank screen when killing a UNIX session on HP-UX

Hi, I have this Unix script that kills a user session. When I run it, my screen goes blank. How do I prevent the blank screen? Ex: I open 2 Unix sessions. The main PID for my 1st session is 1234. In the second session I issue a "kill -HUP 1234". The first session gets killed but the second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies
DMXAddScreen(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   DMXAddScreen(3)

NAME
DMXAddScreen - attach a new back-end screen SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/dmxext.h> Bool DMXAddScreen(Display *dpy, const char *displayName, unsigned int mask, DMXScreenAttributes *attr, int *screen); DESCRIPTION
DMXAddScreen() attaches a back-end screen to the Xdmx(1) server, in place of the previously detached back-end server specified by screen. displayName is the name of the new back-end display, mask specifies the field in attr that are active, and screen returns the new Xdmx(1) screen number for the attached screen. The information stored in mask and attr is identical to that used by the DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3) and DMXGetScreenAttributes(3) functions. RETURN VALUE
DMXAddScreen() will return True if the screen was successfully attached, and False otherwise. False will be returned if the -addremove- screens command line option was not specified on the Xdmx(1) command line, the input value of screen is out of range, screen is not cur- rently detached, displayName cannot be opened, has unexpected visuals, or has characteristics that do not match the previously detached screen. DMXAddScreen() can generate BadLength, BadAlloc, and BadValue errors. NOTES
Attributes that are not specified will default to 0. This may lead to unintended results. Unlike other functions in the DMX(3) API, this function uses screen for both input and output. SEE ALSO
DMXRemoveScreen(3), DMXChangeScreensAttributes(3), DMXGetScreenAttributes(3), DMX(3), Xdmx(1) X Version 11 libdmx 1.1.2 DMXAddScreen(3)