Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HBA Driver reset
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat HBA Driver reset Post 302301345 by mark54g on Thursday 26th of March 2009 03:25:18 PM
Old 03-26-2009
google for the script:

rescan-scsi-bus.sh

use it with the switches -l -w -c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is an HBA..?

Helo experts What is an HBA? How can i know about that on any server? Thanx in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
7 Replies

3. AIX

Need HBA card driver

Hi All, SUN emulex HBA card has been installed on P520 box. When i run the cfgmgr i am getting the following message. lpar2#cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA performance

Hope I'm in the right place. I'm in the process of zoning HBA's to my new library environment. Is there a "rule of thumb" for the number of physical tape drives that you zone to an HBA? I don't want to run the risk of overloading an HBA. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Offline HBA.

Hi, I have a HBA that is currently offline for some unknown reason. The device shows up in the prtdiag -v stating it is okay. How can I bring this back online? It was working okay until recently. It is currently connected to the SAN. Details below. # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
7 Replies

6. Solaris

After update Solaris version, HBA driver still need to install?

Hi all I had update a server from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 is it the HBA driver still need to reinstall? since i can get the driver info as below: root@sgerpdev # fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000003ba9b58a3 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c1 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to enable hba port of a two port hba card

Hi, i have a two port hba card in solaris 10 system one of which is disabled. How to enable and configure the other port. ---------- Post updated at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 AM ---------- please help :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Solaris HBA & Driver identification help

Gents, I am new with Solaris and working on couple of Solaris 8 and 9's. 1. ) I am having issues finding which model of HBA is connected to the host. I got a link to kb qlogic com/KanisaPlatform/Publishing/130/10441_f.html But, it is incomplete as read in many places.. Do we have updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd.us786
5 Replies

10. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)						   User Commands					     RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)

NAME
rescan-scsi-bus.sh - script for adding and removing SCSI devices without rebooting SYNOPSIS
rescan-scsi-bus.sh [options] [host [host ...]] OPTIONS
-a, --alltargets scan all targets, not just currently existing [default: disabled] -d enable debug [default: 0] -l activates scanning for LUNs 0--7 [default: 0] -L NUM activates scanning for LUNs 0--NUM [default: 0] -w, --wide scan for target device IDs 0--15 [default: 0--7] -c enables scanning of channels 0 1 [default: 0 / all detected ones] -r, --remove enables removing of devices [default: disabled] -f, --flush flush failed multipath devices [default: disabled] -i, --issue-lip issue a FibreChannel LIP reset [default: disabled] -u, --update look for existing disks that have been remapped -s, --resize look for resized disks and reload associated multipath devices, if applicable --forcerescan rescan existing devices --forceremove remove and readd every device (DANGEROUS) --nooptscan don't stop looking for LUNs is 0 is not found --color use coloured prefixes OLD/NEW/DEL --hosts=LIST scan only host(s) in LIST --channels=LIST scan only channel(s) in LIST --ids=LIST scan only target ID(s) in LIST --luns=LIST scan only lun(s) in LIST --sync, --nosync issue a sync / no sync [default: sync if remove] --attachpq3 tell kernel to attach sg to LUN 0 that reports PQ=3 --reportlun2 tell kernel to try REPORT_LUN even on SCSI2 devices --largelun tell kernel to support LUNs > 7 even on SCSI2 devs --sparselun tell kernel to support sparse LUN numbering Host numbers may thus be specified either directly on cmd line (deprecated) or or with the --hosts=LIST parameter (recommended). LIST: A[-B][,C[-D]]... is a comma separated list of single values and ranges (No spaces allowed.) SEE ALSO
rescan-scsi-bus.sh Homepage: http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/#rescan-scsi sg3_utils Homepage: http://sg.danny.cz/sg rescan-scsi-bus.sh 1.57 leden 2014 RESCAN-SCSI-BUS.SH(1)