Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris File permission on : kmem file Post 302301298 by avklinux on Thursday 26th of March 2009 12:37:06 PM
Old 03-26-2009
Thank you Friends...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Permission

I have written a shell script function, this function reads a encrypted a file and does some processing. I want to give execute permissions to others but I don't want to give read access to the shell script function. Since the shell script function know how to open the encrypted file so that's why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The file permission

I have a file ( /tmp/file.txt ) , the file owner is user1:edp , the permission is 644 , I want everyone can overwrite the file but don't change the file owner and permssion , could suggest what can I do ? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The file permission

there is a directory eg. /home/edp/ , all the files under this directory : 1. the file and directory owner is "user1" , 2. the permission is 644 I want everyone hv permission to overwrite all files and write a new file to it , but I want the file owner and permssion keep unchange , could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission

Hi, I have one question. My home directory of my unix account is open for everyone. If other account copy my files to their directory, is there a way that I can find out who did it. Does the system administrator have some kind of events logs to find out? Thank you so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanice
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Permission

User - sysopr need to convert the output file from Oracle UTL_FILE_DIR using dos2unix command. However, the file owner and the group is belongs to oracle with dba group as follows: -rw-r--r-- 1 oradw dba 22049864 May 23 15:37 transmission*.csv What are the possible methods to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Permission

Hi, When I listed one directory in Sun, it showed that : -rwsr-xr-x 1 root bsmbin 78004 Oct 21 2004 bsmprsm I don't know meaning of the character "s" in "rws" above. I have searched in Sun admin documents but no result. Would you please explain it ? :) Thank you so much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msg098
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

file permission/acl: 2 users with write access on 1 file...

Hello, i need some help/advice on how to solve a particular problem. these are the users: |name | group | ---------- --------------- |boss | department1 | |assistant | department1 | |employee | department1 | |spy | department2 | this is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission on file

i have two user named sourav and jishu. i have created a file named source.txt in sourav. i made another user called shovon. i want to give read write permission of souce.txt for shovon but not for jishu. how can i set permission only for jishu ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourav_ray
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permission

Hi All, https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/105758-chmod-parent-sub-directories.html I have to change permission for the directories and subdirectories in single command when googled i found some updates but i understand what is switch. If there is a command please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission

Only kernel can write to a directory file. Then what does write permission for a directory imply? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysy
2 Replies
ost::IPV6Mask(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV6Mask(3)

NAME
ost::IPV6Mask - Internet addresses used specifically as masking addresses (such as ' 255.255.255.0') are held in the IPV6Mask derived object. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV6Address. Public Member Functions IPV6Mask (const char *mask) Create the mask from a null terminated ASCII string such as '255.255.255.128'. Friends __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) Masks are usually used to coerce host addresses into a specific router or class domain. Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description Internet addresses used specifically as masking addresses (such as ' 255.255.255.0') are held in the IPV6Mask derived object. The separate class is used so that C++ type casting can automatically determine when an IPV6Address object is really a mask address object rather than simply using the base class. This also allows manipulative operators for address masking to operate only when presented with a Masked address as well as providing cleaner and safer source. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Internet Address Mask such as subnet masks. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV6Mask::IPV6Mask (const char *mask) Create the mask from a null terminated ASCII string such as '255.255.255.128'. Parameters: mask null terminated ASCII mask string. Friends And Related Function Documentation __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) [friend] Masks are usually used to coerce host addresses into a specific router or class domain. This can be done by taking the Inet Host Address object and 'and'ing it with an address mask. This operation can be directly expressed in C++ through the & operator. Returns: a internet host address that has been masked. Parameters: addr host address to be masked by subnet. mask inetnet mask address object to mask by. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV6Mask(3)