Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Deleting a file prompts for a Yes or No Post 302301216 by zaxxon on Thursday 26th of March 2009 07:31:17 AM
Old 03-26-2009
rm -f might not popup a y/n question. Maybe your rm is an alias to rm -i or something. Also you might want to specify them with wildcards if not done already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tough question - interactive prompts

I have inherited a script (ksh) - which requires an input file and location to be specified on the command line..... i.e runsc MRG_060601 ../input_files/ I am trying to tidy this up by using an env variable for the location (as it is always the same) - but it will still require the name of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help with remote prompts

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that rsh's onto a remote machine and runs a perl script that requires values to be entered as the script executes. I also need to ba able to see the outputs from the perl script. When I try to run it I get an stty : Invalid argument and understand that this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting password prompts

Hi there Probably a really simple question but I am writing an install script and at certain stages of the install (ie creating a table in mysql) the system prompts for you to enter a password, I was wondering, how do I script this input so that the install doesnt keep stopping for manual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password prompts

I would like to log all the commands that are entered on an ssh client. I can do this successfully, however, I dont want to log user logins and passwords. Is there any way to identify passwords and avoid them? For example, I can look for a string 'password:' and ignore everything until a nl/cr. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balag
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script answer prompts?

Hi, I'm writing a script that calls a function to generate a certificate. In generating this certificate, I'm asked a series of questions. I was wondering, is there a way to pre-program my script to answer these questions in the same way all the time. I saw something like EOF>> y EOF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

working in different prompts

hi i want a script which would invoke a different prompt and execute commands in that prompt and comes back. Is it possible? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Program that prompts for user Id

Hi I have a question that after trying tirelessly I cant solve. I'm not great wth UNIX and wonder if anyone could help. I have to create a shell program using functions that prompts for a user ID. I must then verify that the user Id corresponds to an account on the system. If a legal user Id is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmg2711
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program that prompts for user Id

Hi I have a question that after trying tirelessly I cant solve. I'm not great wth UNIX and wonder if anyone could help. I have to create a shell program using functions that prompts for a user ID. I must then verify that the user Id corresponds to an account on the system. If a legal user Id is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmg2711
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting not seeing the screen prompts.

Someone recommended using an expect script for an issue I was having so I tried writing one but of the 3 expected prompts on the screen, it only see responds to the first one. The code is: ==================================== #!/usr/local/bin/expect -f spawn /usr/local/bin/rcs -u1.1 xyz.fmb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjones006
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide 2 inputs when prompts

Hi All, I am a novice to UNIX, i need to know is there a way to provide 2 inputs when the shell prompts and i need to assign those 2 values to 2 separate variables. I dont want to give those values as a arguments (while running the script). Thanks in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
1 Replies
XtCallbackExclusive()													     XtCallbackExclusive()

Name
  XtCallbackExclusive - callback function to pop up a widget.

Synopsis
  void XtCallbackExclusive(w, client_data, call_data)
	 Widget w;
	 XtPointer client_data;
	 XtPointer call_data;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the widget.

client_data
	    Specifies the popup shell.

call_data Specifies the callback data, which is not used by this procedure.

Description
  XtCallbackExclusive()  calls	XtPopup()  on  the  widget passed in the client_data argument with grab_mode set to XtGrabExclusive.  Then it
  calls XtSetSensitive() on w to make that widget insensitive.

XtCallbackExclusive() is a convenience procedure designed to be registered on a widget's callback list (which is why it has a third, unused
  argument).   The  widget  to	be  popped  up should be registered as client_data for the callback.  The reason that this callback makes its
  invoking widget insensitive is so that the user cannot request to popup the shell again while it is already up.

Usage
  To popup a shell with a non-exclusive grab or with no grab at all, you can use XtCallbackNonexclusive() or XtCallbackNone().	To popdown  a
  shell from a callback, use XtCallbackPopdown().

Note that this function does not attempt to place the popup shell at any particular location, and for that reason may not be appropriate in
  many circumstances.

It is also possible to pop up a shell with the XtMenuPopup action.

Example
  To arrange for the shell pshell to be popped up when the user clicks on the button widget button, you would use code like the following:

XtAddCallback(button,XtNcallback,XtCallbackExclusive,pshell);

A companion example is presented on the XtCallbackPopdown() reference page.

See Also
  XtCallbackNone(1), XtCallbackNonexclusive(1), XtCallbackPopdown(1), XtMenuPopdown(1), XtMenuPopup(1), XtPopdown(1), XtPopup(1), XtSetSensi-
  tive(1).

Xt - Pop Ups														     XtCallbackExclusive()