Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find new files and compress them Post 302300913 by Mark Wegener on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 11:14:52 AM
Old 03-25-2009
probably yeah Smilie I'm looking into it now, but I'm still wondering how to combine those functions.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Compress log files?

Hi, I have my log files in /home/user1/temp2/logs i want to archive *.log and *.txt files and to store in my /home/user1/temp2/archved/ with *.log with Time stamp ,Please let me know how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress file using find

im doing a script to compress files in ${CompressPath} withe files older than ${FileAge}. The line below actually works, but I only need to compress files that are in ${CompressPath}. This line compresses all files that it can find under the ${CompressPath} and all its sub dirs. is there a way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress all INACTIVE Files

Hi gurus, I have a batch job running daily night automatically. The job produces file with extension '.0' like a.0, b.0 etc. Now due to file space constraints, most of the time, the job fails with insufficient disk space and then we have to manually start the job again and keep running the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: super_duper_guy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress multiple files

Hi Friends, Can anyone help me out with compressing multiple files. I have multiple files in directory , I have to compress these into a single file, I tried using gzip -r outfile.gz file1 file2 file3. It is not working Thanks in advance for your help S :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compress files

Hi All, I would like to archive some of the scripts below(USFINUM042006_01.CSV USFINUM042006_02.CSV and USFINUM042006_03.CSV )and also use a wildcard e.g. <command> USFINUM*.CSV. Also there are a lot of similar files but I want only the three latest files to be compressed. Which is the best... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compress files on NAS

Hello, I am having difficulty compressing the files using compress or GZIP utility on NAS share NFS mounted on my linux server. Any one have idea on how to do this ? I get the followign error but the trying to compress the files STRP2> compress STR_OUTBOUND_CDM_LOG_LOB.PRT2008_26.txt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress files

Could someone give me an idea how to compress all files from a given directory that are not of type .z (compressed). Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compress the log files

Hi, I have an application which creates the logs in a date wise. like, tomcat_access_log.2009-09-12.log tomcat_access_log.2009-09-11.log tomcat_access_log.2009-09-10.log tomcat_access_log.2009-09-09.log tomcat_access_log.2009-09-08.log tomcat_access_log.2009-09-07.logNow my requirement is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and compress question

I am trying to accomplish follow 1- search $dir_find for \*.txt\* 2- exclude 2 directories $dir_find/abc/* and $dir_find/fit* 3- compress find result 4- move all compressed file to different directory Here is what I have tried. How/where can I add mv?? Can I add to same line/command? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jang
1 Replies
filezilla(1)							 FileZilla Manual						      filezilla(1)

NAME
FileZilla - FTP client SYNOPSIS
filezilla filezilla [-l <logontype>] <FTP URL> filezilla -h|-s|-v filezilla -c <site> DESCRIPTION
FileZilla is a powerful client for plain FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). OPTIONS
-c <site>, --site <site> Connect to the given site from the Site Manager. Site has to be given as complete path, with a slash as separation character. Any slash or backslash that is part of a segment has to be escaped with a backslash. Path has to be prefixed with 0 for user defined entries or 1 for default entries. Site path may not contain double quotation marks. Example: filezilla -c 0/foo/bar/sl/ash connects to the user site sl/ash in the site directory foo/bar May not be used together with -s nor with URL parameter. -h, --help Displays a help dialog listing these commandline options. -l <logontype>, --logontype <logontype> Set a special logontype, can only be used in combination with a FTP URL as argument. Logontype has to be either ask or interactive. If -l isn't given, the normal logontype is used. -s, --sitemanager Start with Site Manager opened. May not be used together with -c nor with URL parameter. -v, --version Display version number of FileZilla. ENVIRONMENT
The FZ_DATADIR environment variable can be used to specify the directory containing FileZilla's data files. SUPPORT
Please visit http://filezilla-project.org/ for further information. Report bugs only if you are using the latest version available from the FileZilla website. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Tim Kosse FileZilla is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. SEE ALSO
fzdefaults.xml(5) April 2008 filezilla(1)