Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailing script using loops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailing script using loops Post 302300882 by samnyc on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 09:52:20 AM
Old 03-25-2009
Here you can try this...

DATE=`/bin/date '+%m%d%y'`
MESSAGE="Found Error on XYZ "
MAILTO="A-team"
cd /home/alert
errfile="/home/alert/alert.2b.txt"
if [[ -e ${errfile} ]] ; then
cat $errfile | mailx -s "$MESSAGE" $MAILTO
fi
mv /home/alert/alert.2b.txt /home/alert/alert.2b.txt_$DATE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailing thru UNIX shell script

Hi, I need to send an email from an UNIX shell script along with an attachment. I am working on an HP-UX 11.00 system. The only mailing program which provides adding an attachment to a mail is "pine". However pine is not installed on my system and I cannot install it too due to the server being a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing from a shell script

Hi, This is what my script looks like: cd /var/apache/htdocs/MyApp var=`more /var/apache/htdocs/MyApp/activate` mailx -s "from MyApp" selma@mail.com <<EOT intro: -------------- $var EOT I get output that I would like to see when I invoke the script manually, this is is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selma
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing script

Hi, I have a file lets say FILE1. FILE1 ------ name,age charlie,25 harry,29 david,32 Pls help me writing a mailing script.... which will mail the content of file in the body of the mail & it will look something like below in two columns. name age charlie 25 harry 29... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging task : script for mailing process completion timing report to users.

Hi all, This is my first post. I am new to unix scripting. My requirement is as follows : We are using a financial backoffice application. Now at the end of day we have send users a status report stating all timings of EOD processes for all countries. I need timings for following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to write a script for mailing line count

Hi all, I have a directory in which files are formed daily at certain time.files have certain naming convention for ex .. File1TTT.DATddmmyyyyhrsminsec File2TTT.DATddmmyyyyhrsminsec I want to take their line count when they are formed and mail that line count. Please help how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing Script

Hi, I am totally New to This Scripting Area.We have developed some reports in Bo and User need those reports to be sent through Unix Server (SFTP). Can any one provide me script for transfering File from one location to other with the requirement like if that file fails to reach destination... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sashanth_S
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailing script not working

My mailing script #!/usr/bin/ksh SUBJECT="SETEMAILSUBJECT" MAIL="abc@xyz.com" MESSAGE="mail.txt" mail -s $SUBJECT $MAIL < $MESSAGE The script works fine in one server but not in another. Iam not getting any errors also in the second server. Also if i simply try echo testBody | mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackhorse
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script loops again and again and again and ...

Hi, Linux newbie here with what I'm guessing is silly questions. My script below is working in that it correctly copies files from the backup IP (10.0.91.1) back down to the Linux server but trouble is it loops continuously. It correctly downloads 100 files from the the IP 10.0.91.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOWS
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two for loops in ksh script only one not executing

Hello, I have two "for loops" in my script and the second one is not executing the way i want. Script: #!/bin/ksh IFS=' ' printf "Enter Account name: " read A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O for i in ${A} ${B} ${C} ${D} ${E} ${F} ${G} ${H} ${I} ${J} ${K} ${L} ${M} ${N} ${O};... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking to minimize 'for' loops in script

Hi, Below is the script that I came up with but looking to see if there is a more appropriate way to achieve this by reducing number of "for" loops or something. Regards, mbak #!/usr/bin/ksh status=missing for disk in `lspv | awk '{print $1}'` do MISSPATH=`lspath -l ${disk} -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
3 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] ksh93 +break [n] +continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this manual page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ksh93 break is a shell special built-in that exits the smallest enclosing for, select, while, or until loop. It also exits the nth enclosing loop if n is specified. Execution continues at the command following the loop or loops. If n is specified, it must be a positive integer >=1. If n is larger than the number of enclosing loops, the last enclosing loop is exited. continue is a shell special built-in that continues execution at the top of the smallest enclosing for, select, while, or until loop, if any; or of the top of the nth enclosing loop if n is specified. If n is specified, it must be a positive integer >=1. If n is larger than the number of enclosing loops, the last enclosing loop is used. On this manual page, ksh93(1) commands that are preceded by one or two + symbols are special built-in commands and are treated the follow- ing ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Built-in commands are not valid function names. 5. Words following a command preceded by ++ that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with rules as a variable assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and field splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), ksh93(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 8 Apr 2008 break(1)