Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a range of consecutive numbers into a text file Post 302300875 by VNR on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 09:04:44 AM
Old 03-25-2009
works like a charm....thanks very much for the fast reply

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting uniq sequential numbers at the start of the file

Hi Unix gurus, I have a file. I need to insert sequential number at the starting of the file. Fields are delimited by "|". I know the starting number. Example: File is as follows |123|4test|test |121|2test|test |x12|1test|test |vd123|5test|test starting number is : 120 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read numbers from file and output which numbers belongs to which range

Howdy experts, We have some ranges of number which belongs to particual group as below. GroupNo StartRange EndRange Group0125 935300 935399 Group2006 935400 935476 937430 937459 Group0324 935477 935549 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding consecutive numbers in version names on a txt file

Hi all. I have a directory which contains files that can be versioned. All the files are named according to a pattern like this: TEXTSTRING1-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING2-001.EXTENSION TEXTSTRING3-001.EXTENSION ... TEXTSTRINGn-001.EXTENSION If a file is versioned, a file called ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox1212
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print out consecutive two line from a text file

the text file like below's input: aaaaaaaaafdsfsda sdfsadfasdfasfds sdfadsf asdfadf asdfa adfsfsafas sdfsfafads asdfasdfsa I want to print out consecutive two line output: aaaaaaaaafdsfsda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincent_W
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting text into a new file

Hi all, I want to create a file and then insert some text into it. I'm trying to create a .sh script that will create a new python file from a template. Can someone tell me why this won't work, touch $1 | sed -e '1i\Some test code here' Sorry I'm quite new to all this! Just as a side... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahodgson
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disruption of consecutive numbers

I do have a tab delimited file with the following format 200 46 201 67 204 89 205 98 206 89 208 890 210 23 .. ... 100's of rows I would like to output the missing consecutive number of the first column. The expected output will be: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sum every 3 consecutive numbers in a column

Dear All, I have a file with only one column. And I want to add every 3 consecutive numbers together and print the result. Input File: 21.1 10 10 55 11 99 10 8 4 Expected Output: 41.1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NamS
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert list of numbers to text range

Hi, I'd like to take a list of numbers (with a prefix) and convert to a range, for example: cn001 cn004 cn016 cn017 cn018 cn019 cn020 cn021 cn031 cn032 cn038 cn042 cn043 cn044 cn045 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/print missing number in a consecutive range and remove duplicate numbers

Hi, In an ideal scenario, I will have a listing of db transaction log that gets copied to a DR site and if I have them all, they will be numbered consecutively like below. 1_79811_01234567.arc 1_79812_01234567.arc 1_79813_01234567.arc 1_79814_01234567.arc 1_79815_01234567.arc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)				   XCB Requests 				 xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_screen_resources - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t window); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_timestamp_t timestamp; xcb_timestamp_t config_timestamp; uint16_t num_crtcs; uint16_t num_outputs; uint16_t num_modes; uint16_t names_len; uint8_t pad1[8]; } xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_randr_crtc_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_crtcs_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_output_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_outputs_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_mode_info_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_randr_mode_info_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_modes_iterator(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); uint8_t *xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names_length(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_names_end(const xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. window TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_SCREEN_RESOURCES. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). timestamp TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. config_timestamp TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_crtcs TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_outputs TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. num_modes TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. names_len TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_screen_re- sources_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_screen_resources_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_screen_resources(3)