Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open solaris FTP issue
Operating Systems Solaris open solaris FTP issue Post 302300776 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 03:08:20 AM
Old 03-25-2009
and where are the problems? can you ping the boxes from each other? maybe post the output of your sessions...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP all newly created but the current open file?

An application running on HP-UX constantly generates new text log files ( I think using logpipe ). Any new file created requires to be ftp'ed to an offline server, however I want to make sure that the current file being written should not be transferred. For examples consider the following files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Sun Solaris and Open Solaris?

What is the major difference between Sun Solaris 10 and Open Solaris? I believe both are free now, is that true? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yipster
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File processed in Unix had issue open using notepad

Dear all, I had a columned based file after processed from my script. In unix platform, my file is ok, with all columns sorted out nicely. But when i open in windows notepad, the columns are running out of order. Can some one help?? Thanks alot in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
4 Replies

6. Solaris

ulimit issue with open files descriptor

We have lots of error with "Too many open files" issue. So when I increase the limit to 36656 as suggested by this forum, and when i log out from the platform, it always went back to origin value, what has went wrong ? please any suggestion ? root@hsbc_milan> ulimit -a core file size ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open vi with a command issue

Solaris 5.8, ksh I need to open everyone's favorite editor, vi of course, with a command that will place me on a search string at the time of invocation: Given this data file: user1 pts/1 Aug 29 13:22 (10.12.214.101) user2 pts/2 Aug 29 09:56 (10.12.212.132) user3 pts/3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - issue with OPEN

Hi, I have a menu script written in PERL which calls some shell scripts and displays the return. I'm having a problem with OPEN. A section of the code is below: `./scriptlist.ksh 1`; open OUTPUT, "</home/$SCRIPTUSER/output"; { local $/ = undef; $_ =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
2 Replies
asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-ping-connection-pool, ping-connection-pool - tests that a connection pool is usable SYNOPSIS
ping-connection-pool --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] pool_name Tests that a connection pool is usable for both JDBC connection pools and connector connection pools. For example, if you create a new JDBC connection pool for use with an application that is expected to be deployed, before deploying the application, the previously created pool is tested with this command. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. OPERANDS
poolname name of the connection pool to be tested. Example 1: Using ping-connection-pool Before you can ping a connection pool, you must: o Create a connection pool with authentication. o Make sure the Enterprise Information Server (can be the database) is started. asadmin> ping-connection-pool --user admin1 --password adminadmin1 --host pigeon --port 5001 sampleConnectionPool Command ping-connection-pool executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-create-jdbc-connection-pool(1AS), asadmin-delete--jdbc-connection-pool(1AS)asadmin- list--jdbc-connection-pools(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-ping-connection-pool(1AS)