Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: open solaris FTP issue
Operating Systems Solaris open solaris FTP issue Post 302300773 by amult on Wednesday 25th of March 2009 02:45:40 AM
Old 03-25-2009
yes both the criteria are fulfilled

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to FTP all newly created but the current open file?

An application running on HP-UX constantly generates new text log files ( I think using logpipe ). Any new file created requires to be ftp'ed to an offline server, however I want to make sure that the current file being written should not be transferred. For examples consider the following files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Sun Solaris and Open Solaris?

What is the major difference between Sun Solaris 10 and Open Solaris? I believe both are free now, is that true? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yipster
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File processed in Unix had issue open using notepad

Dear all, I had a columned based file after processed from my script. In unix platform, my file is ok, with all columns sorted out nicely. But when i open in windows notepad, the columns are running out of order. Can some one help?? Thanks alot in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
4 Replies

6. Solaris

ulimit issue with open files descriptor

We have lots of error with "Too many open files" issue. So when I increase the limit to 36656 as suggested by this forum, and when i log out from the platform, it always went back to origin value, what has went wrong ? please any suggestion ? root@hsbc_milan> ulimit -a core file size ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Is it possible to install Solaris softwares on Open Solaris or Open Indiana?

Hi there, I'm sorry in advance if my question seems stupid, but I can't figure out myself. I was wondering. Is it possible to install a Solaris program on an Open Solaris or Open Indiana operating system? After searching the web for a long time, it seems that Open Solaris was released by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firstpost
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open vi with a command issue

Solaris 5.8, ksh I need to open everyone's favorite editor, vi of course, with a command that will place me on a search string at the time of invocation: Given this data file: user1 pts/1 Aug 29 13:22 (10.12.214.101) user2 pts/2 Aug 29 09:56 (10.12.212.132) user3 pts/3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - issue with OPEN

Hi, I have a menu script written in PERL which calls some shell scripts and displays the return. I'm having a problem with OPEN. A section of the code is below: `./scriptlist.ksh 1`; open OUTPUT, "</home/$SCRIPTUSER/output"; { local $/ = undef; $_ =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
2 Replies
getdev(1M)						  System Administration Commands						getdev(1M)

NAME
getdev - lists devices based on criteria SYNOPSIS
getdev [-ae] [criteria]... [device]... DESCRIPTION
getdev generates a list of devices that match certain criteria. The criteria includes a list of attributes (given in expressions) and a list of devices. If no criteria are given, all devices are included in the list. Devices must satisfy at least one of the criteria in the list unless the -a option is used. Then, only those devices which match all of the criteria in a list will be included. Devices which are defined on the command line and which match the criteria are included in the generated list. However, if the -e option is used, the list becomes a set of devices to be excluded from the list. See OPTIONS and OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Specifies that a device must match all criteria to be included in the list generated by this command. The option has no effect if no criteria are defined. -e Specifies that the list of devices which follows on the command line should be excluded from the list generated by this command. Without the -e the named devices are included in the generated list. The flag has no effect if no devices are defined. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: criteria Defines the criteria that a device must match to be included in the generated list. criteria is specified by expressions. There are four possible expression types which the criteria specified in the criteria argument may follow: attribute=value Selects all devices whose attribute attribute is defined and is equal to value. attribute!=value Selects all devices whose attribute attribute is defined and does not equal value. attribute:* Selects all devices which have the attribute attribute defined. attribute!:* Selects all devices which do not have the attribute attribute defined. See the putdev(1M) manual page for a complete listing and description of available attributes. device Defines the devices which should be included in the generated list. This can be the pathname of the device or the device alias. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command syntax was incorrect, invalid option was used, or an internal error occurred. 2 Device table could not be opened for reading. FILES
/etc/device.tab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devattr(1M), getdgrp(1M), putdev(1M), putdgrp(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 getdev(1M)