Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Check Powersuply
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris Check Powersuply Post 302300656 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 05:23:25 PM
Old 03-24-2009
the v120 has only ONE powersupply...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9: How to check if X server is running

Hi, In Solaris 9, how do I know if the X server is running. Please let me know. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Memory Check in SUN Solaris

Hi I am facing a problem with memory in SunOS 5.9. I just want to check the memory usage. Can anybody suggest me a command that will help me in this regard. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarsi.ghosh
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

4. Solaris

MTU setting - solaris 9 how to check??

I need to check the mtu setting on my server, I am told I need to use the ndd command and check the tcp setting tcp_mss_max I have done so and all I can see is the below, tcp_mss_def_ipv4 (read and write) tcp_mss_max_ipv4 (read and write) How can I check the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to check when a solaris server got rebooted

In Windows we can check the event viewer for entries 6005,6006,6009 to confirm the system down times, as in when it got down and when it came back up. Is there some similar log files in Solaris/RHEL that I can check the timings and who or what caused the system reboot. I am an absolute newbie. Need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lubu
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to check powerpaths in Solaris/Linux?

How to check powerpaths in Solaris/Linux? and How to recover the failure powerpaths? :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

On Solaris, without stat, how to check how old a file is?

Hi, How do I check how old a file is? That is, is it 1 day old, 1 year old, generated x hours ago? Currently, I receive a supposed to be daily report and in the last few times, it has not been recent, that is instead of the one generated for the day, it is one that was created yesterday or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Check for existence of crash on Solaris 10

Hey all what is the command to check "Check for existence of crash/coredump files in /var/crash/"hostname" directory" thanks for help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gema.utama
4 Replies
SETEUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							SETEUID(2)

NAME
seteuid, setegid - set effective user or group ID SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int seteuid(uid_t euid); int setegid(gid_t egid); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): seteuid(), setegid(): _BSD_SOURCE || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200112L || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 DESCRIPTION
seteuid() sets the effective user ID of the calling process. Unprivileged user processes may only set the effective user ID to the real user ID, the effective user ID or the saved set-user-ID. Precisely the same holds for setegid() with "group" instead of "user". RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM The calling process is not privileged (Linux: does not have the CAP_SETUID capability in the case of seteuid(), or the CAP_SETGID capability in the case of setegid()) and euid (respectively, egid) is not the real user (group) ID, the effective user (group) ID, or the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID). CONFORMING TO
4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Setting the effective user (group) ID to the saved set-user-ID (saved set-group-ID) is possible since Linux 1.1.37 (1.1.38). On an arbi- trary system one should check _POSIX_SAVED_IDS. Under libc4, libc5 and glibc 2.0 seteuid(euid) is equivalent to setreuid(-1, euid) and hence may change the saved set-user-ID. Under glibc 2.1 and later it is equivalent to setresuid(-1, euid, -1) and hence does not change the saved set-user-ID. Similar remarks hold for sete- gid(). According to POSIX.1, seteuid() (setegid()) need not permit euid (egid) to be the same value as the current effective user (group) ID, and some implementations do not permit this. SEE ALSO
geteuid(2), setresuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), capabilities(7), credentials(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-10-17 SETEUID(2)